DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle avoidance saved my *** this morning!

TMB Aerial

Reactions
So after some video signal loss during a flight yesterday (I believe it was due to overheating as it was 92+ outside) I flew this morning in my back yard just to check things out. I set up some way points around the neighborhood and applied it. Even though my first waypoint was straight up to 150 ft it somehow neglected that and bee-lined to my second waypoint which was next door over some 60ft tall trees. Obstacle avoidance just barely stopped the drone before it hit a tree (and I do mean barely). What I learned was you can't control the drone with the joysticks in this scenerio....the drone kept trying to fly the path to the next waypoint no matter what I did......UNTIL I cancelled the waypoint mission (red X where the controller icon usually is in the app)...then I regained control and was able to back out. Just thought I'd share that.

here's the video, incidently the P4P does not respond to voice commands :)

Reactions: Bunny Too
So after some video signal loss during a flight yesterday (I believe it was due to overheating as it was 92+ outside) I flew this morning in my back yard just to check things out. I set up some way points around the neighborhood and applied it. Even though my first waypoint was straight up to 150 ft it somehow neglected that and bee-lined to my second waypoint which was next door over some 60ft tall trees. Obstacle avoidance just barely stopped the drone before it hit a tree (and I do mean barely). What I learned was you can't control the drone with the joysticks in this scenerio....the drone kept trying to fly the path to the next waypoint no matter what I did......UNTIL I cancelled the waypoint mission (red X where the controller icon usually is in the app)...then I regained control and was able to back out. Just thought I'd share that.

here's the video, incidently the P4P does not respond to voice commands :)

Nice, was that with a Mavic or P4P?

I've been in that situation before. Your heart literally starts beating in sync with the the remote control "beeps". Way to stress us out DJI ;)

I'm sure that pool down below didn't make the situation easier.

Reactions: TMB Aerial
I've been in that situation before. Your heart literally starts beating in sync with the the remote control "beeps". Way to stress us out DJI ;)

I'm sure that pool down below didn't make the situation easier.
I thought for sure it was a goner. I sometimes disable O.A. for close up cinematic shots. I am so glad I remembered to turn it back on ;)

Reactions: jamesw
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu