DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Obstacle etc since firmware

dunginhawk

Reactions
So i updated to the latest firmware a few days ago.. since then ive had some odd behavior.

1. Obstacle warning regularly. not just sunny days, today was not sunny at all and it was 200 ft up and it wouldnt fly at all without the obstacle warning and slow max speed. Happened 3 flights in a row.

2. Height limit. I was sending it on a mission the other day and at the start of the mission (waypoints) it just said . Max altitude reached, or something to that effect, and wouldnt start the waypoint mission at all.

Any ideas what could be causing that? I re-calibrated the compass multiple times.
thanks

My Mavic came yesterday, this morning I took it outside and started it up.
I calibrated the compass, everything ok.
Then while connected to my phone a firmware update came up, so I updated.
After rebooting from the update the Mavic has not stopped beeping away about obstacles.
No matter where I place it, it continues.
I've checked all the sensors and cameras, no obstructions, dust, dirt etc..
It has to have been the update as far as I can see, I had no problem before that.
I've tried reinstalling ,but to no avail.
I too would be interested to hear if anyone has a solution.
Thanks.

There are lots of people with similar issues. We will have to be patient and wait for an update. It seems that to fix the VPS issue that some were having, the OA has become too sensitive.

Keep in mind the firmware update resets some values to their defaults, such as the max height, max distance, and expos. And it turns on that wretched OA which should never be turned on under any circumstances!!,

Sent from my XT1650 using MavicPilots mobile app

Keep in mind the firmware update resets some values to their defaults, such as the max height, max distance, and expos. And it turns on that wretched OA which should never be turned on under any circumstances!!,

It is a shame you feel that way about OA. It is one of the reasons that I, and probably many other chose the Mavic Pro.I had a lot of flights on the previous firmware and never had a problem. It is only the latest firmware that I have found an issue and now that I am aware of it, I fly accordingly.

Reactions: jchrisos
There are lots of people with similar issues. We will have to be patient and wait for an update. It seems that to fix the VPS issue that some were having, the OA has become too sensitive.

Glad to hear this is common. What's weird is that it will still go full speed in every other direction, but not forward. I find myself flying sideways when needing to cross large amounts of open air.

I'm not sure I'll wait for more firmware. Apparently, downgrading with Assistant 2 is pretty painless.

Cause the forward direction is the only direction it has obstacle sensors for so it limits speed in that direction. Unfortunately, it limits forward pitch and not just ground speed, so be prepared to drift away uncontrollably on a windy day with OA enabled.

Last edited:
So i guess its not a problem, ill just disable OA until its fixed... 80% of my flights are litchi missions anyway where Im fairly confident I wont need OA.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR