DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ocusync and Wi-Fi

skypros

Reactions
I don't know if this has been discussed before or not.....

If I power up the RC and the mavic...... My Wi-Fi goes to %$%^

I am outside (enjoying the beautiful day) on my Covered porch.... using my Mac..... I brought the Mavic out to check a setting that required the RC and the Mavic to be on..... My Wi-Fi would not connect (2.4 Ghz)

So this got me thinking on all the problems I have when I try and do Firmware updates..... It takes FOREVER for the RC / Phone to get the download.... So the next time I need to do a new download/firmware... I am going to put the RC / Phone right next to the Wi-Fi router...... Hopefully this will cure this.

I have seen this happen as well. It depends on what channel the rc and aircraft picks as well as the channel your wifi is using. 5ghz won't have an issue. Just 2.4.

I have found that if I go into the setting and select a channel manually (usually at the far end of the spectrum) I can get my wifi to respond again. I also select a 10mhz channel to limit the amount of power that's being fired out of the remote.

I don't have my mavic in front of me (it's off getting a new non jello'ie gimble) so I can't give you specifics on how exactly to change things. Sorry

Really a device that's good to 7km is gonna drown out your wifi even if you put the phone/laptop right next to your access point.

Hope that helps a bit.

Chris.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98