DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ocusynch range

Mikeg

Reactions
Surely the phenomenal range of ocusynch is not so that we can fly a long way from home (which is illegal) rather that we will have a very strong signal for the range we operate in. It is really rather like a big engine in the car. The hot rodders will see it as an opportunity to race at great speed, but most people will just see it as a way of having a more comfortable ride at normal speed

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I resemble that remark.

Nope, I see it as a tool for flying until RTH kicks in.. just sayin. I am one of those hot rodders. Incidentally, I own a 03 Terminator Cobra, Corvette, 2 motorcycles, a quad and other things that go fast. So you pegged me to a tee. I am safe with my toys but I have been known to exceed the speed limit. Speed limit in west Texas is 85 mph. Anyway, I haven't flown for distance yet because I haven't had the chance to go to a safe place to do it. Yes I said it.. a safe place to do it. Rest assured though, when I have the time to drive the 60 miles to my spot I am going to let it rip. FLAME AWAY! TTFN

Reactions: Mavikhan
I am really curious to know what kind of range you can get out of the Mavic in a relatively low population area. I suspect that the limiting factor in that environment is going to be the battery.

Here in the SF Bay area, I am getting about 2.5-2.75 miles before the interference messages start kicking in. Which is amazing for the amount of RF noise around here.

Last edited:
Wow.. I fly off the side of a mountain. Not a person place or thing within 50 miles.. Takes me a while to get there. I had no problems getting way out with the P3. I'm betting battery will be the limiting factor not the connection. We shall see.

From the replies that I am getting it is obvious that Open spaces of 3-D available in the US – but unfortunately not in the UK.
I must confess. a bit of receive when I referred to Hot rodders. This is my standard excuse to my wife where I spend inordinate amounts of money on fast cars

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929