DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official DJI Mavic ND filters

I like the design, but they dont appear to be multi coated or polarized. :)
They look awesome to mount and remove.
They look flimsy to me but I'm still waiting for a good polarized set.

Let me know if anyone has tried these. I live in Hong Kong and was interested in picking them up if they are good.

i got them from HK DJI shop. I did not have a chance to install them yet and I could not find anything online either. Anyone with better google skills here?

Thanks

Reactions: fredgsy
i got them from HK DJI shop. I did not have a chance to install them yet and I could not find anything online either. Anyone with better google skills here?

Thanks
I picked up a pack from the HK dji store yesterday as well. I'll try them out on Thursday.

I really wish we had an option to purchase online for in store pick up. Then we can get those sweet DJI dollars lol

Reactions: bigworm
Can you leave the filters on the whole time, before and after flight? How easy is it to take off/put on?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I did not have a chance to try and it might take some time... I will update the post.

The instructions are in the box...

Ok, so I've had a chance to fly my Mavic with the official DJI Mavic ND filters. I'm not a photographer and I just like flying my drone with decent non edited pictures and videos, so this is from a noobie point of views.

Initial thoughts:
The filters come in a small box, similar to thy propeller blades. No case and no cloth bag, just 3 filters wrapped in individual plastic inside the box. None of the filters have any markings so they don't say which is the 4/8/16. The filters seem to made from plastic.

The filters are easy to clip on, and seem quite sturdy when placed in. They can be put on before turning on the Mavic and before doing the gimbal initializing. They were a bit tough to take off as you need to unclip them from the camera, and I didn't want to pull too hard in case I damage the camera or gimbal.

In the air, they seem to do their job. Again, I'm not a photo person so I can't give a professional opinion, but they did add a layer of shade during bright days, similar to sunglasses.

I can make an unboxing video and an in flight video if you would like.

This is a quick test. The weather was not great so is not so relevant. I wished I had some sun there to try.

I wanted to show the histogram rather than a full screen video.

Apologies for the poor sound and my editing skills. I also wished I had the time to do a voice over.

At the end of the video there is a side by side comparison. I do not have the No ND filter footage.
I guess I really need to redo it.

As a side note I did not feel very comfortable to change it and the gimbal seems so fragile.

I'm surprised they only made 4-16 ND filters. Would have been great to have a 32 when filming sunsets etc.

Reactions: grizzard
I also want to buy DJI ND filters especially since they're so much cheaper than the Polar Pro ND filters. $35 vs $75 or something like that. I'm just curious if the DJI ND's are just as good as the Polar Pros.

Reactions: Kennetf
I'd be concerned you'd get light bleeding in from the edges of these DJI filters as it does not "cup" the lens as other do, and should. The other is, no case! What are you supposed to do with them? Spend the extra and buy a good quality packaged set. No one ever regretted buying quality.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada