DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Long Exposure Thread

cam36

Reactions
I personally love shooting long exposure with my Nikon and was amazed at the capability of the Mavic Pro.

I wanted to start this thread to create one consolidated place for everyone's Mavic Pro long exposure shots. The below is my first time with the Mavic shot at 4seconds on a fairly windy night– definitely not a good example, but wanted to get this thread going.

Cant wait to get out and get more! Lets see yours!IMG_5594.JPG IMG_5592.JPG

I don't have the Mavic yet, I love photography and I am interested taking pictures.
I am going to following this thread.
Sorry for my English writer.

At 4 sec with wind, that's pretty good.

At 4 sec with wind, that's pretty good.

Yeah, I was thoroughly impressed– and that was unedited! On a calm night might be able to squeeze out another second or 2 and still maintain a nice crisp shot.

DJI_0010-2.jpg First picture with my mp. A friend actually snapped this one, so I can't take all the credit. ( 2 or 2.5 seconds)

Last edited:
Reactions: mjr4k4 and cam36
I personally love shooting long exposure with my Nikon and was amazed at the capability of the Mavic Pro.

I wanted to start this thread to create one consolidated place for everyone's Mavic Pro long exposure shots. The below is my first time with the Mavic shot at 4seconds on a fairly windy night– definitely not a good example, but wanted to get this thread going.

Cant wait to get out and get more! Lets see yours!View attachment 5828 View attachment 5829

Excuse the ignorance, but do you mind sharing the recipe. What settings do I need to have the camera to produce similar shots?.

Excuse the ignorance, but do you mind sharing the recipe. What settings do I need to have the camera to produce similar shots?.
No worries! A long exposure is achieved by slowing down your shutter speed (.5 to ~8 seconds) in tripod mode. This allows the shutter to stay open and capture an image while it's in motion, which gives you the light streaks.

This was at 3.2 seconds. I really need to get a night with no wind, and get out a bit earlier when there is more traffic.IMG_5615.JPG

No worries! A long exposure is achieved by slowing down your shutter speed (.5 to ~8 seconds) in tripod mode. This allows the shutter to stay open and capture an image while it's in motion, which gives you the light streaks.

Got it. What about ISO ?

Nice long exposure. Once you have the confidence with the MP tripod mode with >1sec and in windy condition, you can now find a good composition. I am going to try that soon. Thanks

What about focusing? This is the issue for me.. I just tried a few shots and well they are junk lol

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS