DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

25,232 ft. and back 4.779 miles 9.588 miles total STOCK!!!! This was my first real attempt with the mavic. I'm sure I can add a few thousand feet more to this run before I get a battery mod. Fun drone!!!
Screenshot_2017-03-08-06-52-50.png Screenshot_2017-03-08-06-54-47.png

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
b93d4c795e9e637671cc23612f8c86f3.jpg

11,071 stock. This is in a heavy wifi interface area.

It would be nice to know the altitude of these flights too.

Ok guys, now that some people are finally getting their Mavic's delivered, people are wondering what kind of range this thing has compared to the P4 & P3. We're looking for the longest distance from home, not the total traveled. If you would like to be added, please post the following:

• Screenshot showing the maximum distance from home, either from the DJI Go App, Litchi, or Healthydrones.
  • Please describe the flying environment, such as tree interference, hills, buildings, etc.
  • What type of mods, if any, such as antenna upgrades, battery mods, etc.
  • Tag me in the post so I get a notification. Tagging here is just like Twitter, @JakeMaxxUAV
I will keep this list updated. If I miss your post, please send me a PM. Who wants to get us started?

1. DBS - 37,057 ft - ItElite Atlas - Battery Mod
2. fredz - 26,464 ft - Stock
3. Fanti - 22,360 ft - Stock
4. Jack - 22,965 ft - Stock
5. Ozziebattler21,059 ft - Stock
6. stratos - 20,314 ft - Stock
7. Cameron1991 - 16,775 ft - Stock
8. finalfantasyfans - 16,573 ft - Stock
9. lonewolf - 15,837 ft - Stock
10. Halle923 - 12,653 ft - Stock

Hello Jake and team, greetings from Brazil!

Here is my personal record, from my home to a water dam, the terrain between the home point and the longest point are downhill, but the two points are in the same elevation. I was at ground elevation, some trees on the way, I was very confident with the RTH function. Got a lot of messages, that was on second week with MP, and I'm trying to figure out how it's work! On that time, I didn't know about this Forum, and didn't imagine how easy is to loose the MP, if you don't setup the flight profile for each kind of mission! I'm very luck that day, nothing happened! Weeks later I lost the MP on a roof of 23 floor building, due lack of signal, it hit the very top of building and crash on the roof upside down. I was able to recover it due to DJI APP!

Stock stuff

HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Ops, converting M in Ft 6942.0M = 22.775,59Ft

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1790.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_1790.jpeg
    561.9 KB · Views: 141
You cut it close bro, ya know what happens at 1% right .:eek:

IMG_0109.PNG Made it out 22604ft (4.28 miles) and that was with a strong head wind flying low at 164 ft altitude in the city. I turned around at 42% battery to come back which gives you an idea of the amount of wind I flew into and still had just under 10% when landing. Completely stock.

The limit on this thing isn't signal, it's the battery.

That's a good clip... I mountain bike in the place where you turned it around. Props man! I would be scared to fly across that lake... Lol
Good eye. Even with 67% when I turned around, my battery was 4% when it returned home. Wind was the problem so I was lucky that I didn't go further. But I wasn't worry too much because most of my return path was land and I could have landed it anywhere if my battery ran out.

3 rd flight. 1800 m
4 and 5th flight. different days. Test lasted under 2 min. Gps lockout.
Scratching head now

26784 ft and back 53,650 ft total with the mavic. Completely stock I had pretty good weather hit 32 on the way out and about 30 on the way back. I still think I can squeeze a little bit more out of it. Maybe an extra thousand feet if I get a perfect day. Converted from feet 5.073 miles and 10.146 miles round trip.

Screenshot_2017-03-09-08-42-39.png Screenshot_2017-03-09-08-44-14.png Screenshot_2017-03-09-08-46-22.png
@JakeMaxxUAV
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Last edited:
Gee, guys, I hate to be a "Debbie Downer" but can't beat fixed-wing RC aircraft for range and flight time. Try doing this with a Mavic or any other quadcopter:

"Model Plane Flies the Atlantic"

"A historic flight takes an 11-pound model airplane over the ocean."

"Named TAM-5, the 11-pound plane flew 1,888 miles from Canada to Ireland in 38 hours, 53 minutes. It set world records for longest distance and longest time ever flown by a model airplane."

Model Plane Flies the Atlantic

Reactions: Capra Vecinului
Gee, guys, I hate to be a "Debbie Downer" but can't beat fixed-wing RC aircraft for range and flight time. Try doing this with a Mavic or any other quadcopter:

"Model Plane Flies the Atlantic"

"A historic flight takes an 11-pound model airplane over the ocean."

"Named TAM-5, the 11-pound plane flew 1,888 miles from Canada to Ireland in 38 hours, 53 minutes. It set world records for longest distance and longest time ever flown by a model airplane."

Model Plane Flies the Atlantic

Nor can it hover and watch whales. Perspective - always.

Reactions: Jords105
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio