DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Been wanting to do a range test but its either been to windy or to cold, ,my fingers start to sting after awhile.. furthest I got and I wasn't doing a rang test was 8,444.

View attachment 8049 Made it out 22604ft (4.28 miles) and that was with a strong head wind flying low at 164 ft altitude in the city. I turned around at 42% battery to come back which gives you an idea of the amount of wind I flew into and still had just under 10% when landing. Completely stock.

The limit on this thing isn't signal, it's the battery.

I'm not playing drone police here but how did your conversation with Palo Alto airport go? What did you tell them? I've always told airports my location, height and radius of operation.

The Mavic will do 4.3 miles stock.. the issue isn't the control range really it's battery..

Reactions: dirkclod
I'm not playing drone police here but how did your conversation with Palo Alto airport go? What did you tell them? I've always told airports my location, height and radius of operation.

I was flying parallel to the runway nearly 3 miles away at 160 feet altitude at closest point. It was a closer that I expected, but I think at that low altitude and parallel path is pretty safe, but feel free to police on.

21,401ft 4.03 miles
Bone stock with 59% battery left, could have went further but I wanted to make it home.
4.3 mph easterly wind
Flight path was due north.
My RC is currently on its way to Jake to get the NanoSync installed. Will post updated results here.
73e80797822e244a35481f6762c4a7d4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JakeMaxxUAV
I was flying parallel to the runway nearly 3 miles away at 160 feet altitude at closest point. It was a closer that I expected, but I think at that low altitude and parallel path is pretty safe, but feel free to police on.

Like I said, I'm not policing. Just curious if you called them since you were less than 5 miles. I am a private pilot who learned to fly out of Hayward airport and have flown your local airspace many times.

At 160 feet, I don't think your flight endangered any manned aircraft at all. Fixed wing shouldn't be at that altitude and helicopters, while legal to be there, would be foolish to do so.

I feel for drone pilots on the peninsula as there aren't a lot of places to fly that are more than 5 miles from airports.

Like I said, I'm not policing. Just curious if you called them since you were less than 5 miles. I am a private pilot who learned to fly out of Hayward airport and have flown your local airspace many times.

At 160 feet, I don't think your flight endangered any manned aircraft at all. Fixed wing shouldn't be at that altitude and helicopters, while legal to be there, would be foolish to do so.

I feel for drone pilots on the peninsula as there aren't a lot of places to fly that are more than 5 miles from airports.

No worries. Honestly I don't like to fly that close to airports. I have limited options for testing range. It would be great to fly the other direction, but the rolling foothills block my signal. I mostly fly nearby and only a couple of times I've tested my range being curious of the Mavic's capabilities.

No worries. Honestly I don't like to fly that close to airports. I have limited options for testing range. It would be great to fly the other direction, but the rolling foothills block my signal. I mostly fly nearby and only a couple of times I've tested my range being curious of the Mavic's capabilities.

How was your signal? Near my house there's a sport where I can fly from a hill that has clear line of sight for a few miles over a new residential development that has just broken ground. My furthest flight is 1.1 miles and my signal was very weak. Makes me wonder how people can go so far.

2 miles out without a hitch on the first try and it was easy . Looking forward to going further.

Last edited:
How was your signal? Near my house there's a sport where I can fly from a hill that has clear line of sight for a few miles over a new residential development that has just broken ground. My furthest flight is 1.1 miles and my signal was very weak. Makes me wonder how people can go so far.

My signal was good for the most part except for 1 spot midway where it was breaking up. After that it was good all the way out. Interference can really vary from location to location. Even the weather seems to affect it, as I often fly the same areas and will get different results on another day. I'm going to upgrade my antennae for a more stable connection. I already have the FPVLR, but haven't installed the SMA connectors in my remote. It's fairly difficult to do it from the videos I've seen.

Hi @JakeMaxxUAV

8075.4 meters, or 26494 feet, or 5.02 miles.

With a battery mod with adapter (3S 3000 mAh), from a hill, over wooded landscape (with hills). Maximum altitude 90 meter. (295 ft)
It was freezing cold (0 °C) and sunny but a little windy.
I had battery to spare after coming back so I flew some more, total distance 18.7 km (11.6 miles) in 22:40 to 8%.

This was still in CE-mode.

cTYAg2y.png

Great flight!! for battery 3s 3000mAh. You have always maximum altitude 90 - 100 meter the greenland? I think i go change to altitude 90-100 m.. Which Dji Go or Dji Go 4?

5.134 miles 27,107 feet out and back. 10.276 miles 54,258 feet total distance flown. Completely stock Mavic no antenna mod or battery mod. The distance you can get out of this drone is absolutely sick stock. I never climbed above 54 feet the entire flight. My signal score was 100% on healthy drones HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
@JakeMaxxUAV
Screenshot_2017-03-21-04-55-34.png Screenshot_2017-03-21-04-56-02.png

I keep hearing limit is battery and not signal .
Would it be possible to drive 5 or 6 miles from home and fly a one way flight to test .

5.134 miles 27,107 feet out and back. 10.276 miles 54,258 feet total distance flown. Completely stock Mavic no antenna mod or battery mod. The distance you can get out of this drone is absolutely sick stock. I never climbed above 54 feet the entire flight. My signal score was 100% on healthy drones HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters
@JakeMaxxUAV
View attachment 9005 View attachment 9006
Wow! That's impressive. I never get a day without wind to really test range. My best is 4.28 miles and that's limited by battery. Now I have antenna upgraded, but really signal is not the limiting factor as you've shown.

Reactions: Unknown Caller
Yesterday's flight. 2.65 miles. Lots of bars left. Lots of battery left but I'm just not going to gamble to push it much farther. had 40% battery left after the Mav returned home.

Attachments

• Mavic Distance 1.PNG
    Mavic Distance 1.PNG
    3.1 MB · Views: 82
@JakeMaxxUAV
View attachment 9005 View attachment 9006

Very impressive- was your video still smooth at that distance? Really pushing the limits.

BUT... you really stressed a virtually brand new battery. It dropped a full half volt the last 12 seconds of flight, down to 9.005 volts. You were seconds away from totally losing power. I wouldn't do this frequently- pretty much halfed the life of that battery.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+