DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Offline maps feature

4wd

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I see to access this you click the settings bars top right before going into fly mode - you can download whole countries to use offline later.
Note they are quite big files e.g U.K. 791mb - and the server seems a bit stressed as it went unavailable during my first try. No satellite view with it though.
I turned off wifi then opened the app and could view anywhere I wanted even miles away.
This is indispensable here where mobile data connection is a rarity.

Reactions: RAMJET-1
I am sorry to be stupid, but I have read that you can cache maps for use when you don't have a data signal. This would be really useful to me as where I live Cell reception is real spotty.

This off-line map feature is almost useless as it downloads only the street maps but not satellite image maps.

This off-line map feature is almost useless as it downloads only the street maps but not satellite image maps.
Not true for me. I don't know if it's platform specific, but on my iPhone, I can view the satellite view of any area I want to fly while on Wifi, then be in Airplane mode and see the cached map at any time or place.

I am sorry to be stupid, but I have read that you can cache maps for use when you don't have a data signal. This would be really useful to me as where I live Cell reception is real spotty.
You sure can.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus