DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

One month old Mavic near disaster in Australia

dlbeck

Reactions
I live in Denver Colorado but traveling around in Australia with my Mavic pro. I use a galaxy s7 with android 7. On MULTIPLE occasions down here and in the states the Go4 app just dies during flight. I start it up and get things going again but not a good feeling when this continues to happen. Yesterday while flying over the ocean I get a "aircraft disconnected" signal not a "reception gone or reception weak signal". The app continues to run and the mavic anounces it is coming home. When I have a picture again it is flying right into a tree and the screen goes black. Morning the loss of my mavic for a minute I look up and low and behold the **** thing is about 100 feet above me. So most likely obstacle avoidance saved my aircraft because of my stupidity of not setting the go home altitude high enough.

That said ..... I still can't believe the go4 app crashes so much and now these new aircraft disconnected messages. The only time I've seen that message is when I power down the mavic and then the controller says aircraft disconnected. It's just unacceptable.

I've managed to get some incredible shots of Sydney and the beaches etc about 5 hours north.
Questions:

1. Does DJI concentrate on IOS and view Android as a pain in the butt?

2. Anyone on IOS experiencing these issues?

3. Should I consider a third party app?

Thanks for any help and advice.

Android working from day one for me as well... Haven't had app crashes that I can remember.

But I'm typically using a dedicated phone instead of my everyday very loaded S7 to fly the Mavic to have a bigger screen and reduce the risk that the hundreds of apps I have on my S7 cause such issues.

I've had random issues with the DJI app with all their platforms and the only way it seems to work is to delete the app and reinstall it. If that doesn't work. Use a 3rd party app like litchi or FPV camera. Use DJI go to set parameters and calibrate. Hope that helps

I used to have a nightmare with the P3 Standard and the go app on android. The Mavic however has been fine, the odd issue but most likely other apps interfering during flights.

I get a black screen on my phone every now and then, so I press the pause botton, and restart the DJI GO 4 on the phone. Up till now it has worked for me, but this is not on; just imagine I am doing a complicated manoeuvre and suddenly I'm blind.... Problem is I don't know where the problem comes from or even less, how to sort it out. :eek:

I live in Denver Colorado but traveling around in Australia with my Mavic pro. I use a galaxy s7 with android 7. On MULTIPLE occasions down here and in the states the Go4 app just dies during flight. I start it up and get things going again but not a good feeling when this continues to happen. Yesterday while flying over the ocean I get a "aircraft disconnected" signal not a "reception gone or reception weak signal". The app continues to run and the mavic anounces it is coming home. When I have a picture again it is flying right into a tree and the screen goes black. Morning the loss of my mavic for a minute I look up and low and behold the **** thing is about 100 feet above me. So most likely obstacle avoidance saved my aircraft because of my stupidity of not setting the go home altitude high enough.

That said ..... I still can't believe the go4 app crashes so much and now these new aircraft disconnected messages. The only time I've seen that message is when I power down the mavic and then the controller says aircraft disconnected. It's just unacceptable.

I've managed to get some incredible shots of Sydney and the beaches etc about 5 hours north.
Questions:

1. Does DJI concentrate on IOS and view Android as a pain in the butt?

2. Anyone on IOS experiencing these issues?

3. Should I consider a third party app?

Thanks for any help and advice.
I live in Australia and have the same problem with my mavic and s7 edge. I had P4 and used Galaxy tab s2 with it without any problems.

The app usually crashes when i am about 10+ mins into recording a video or setting a feature like follow me or active track. I believe it is something related to cache management.

The app shows disconnected message at times when in flight and no matter what I can't get it to connect, even though the RC stays connected to the drone. The first time this happened with me I had my heart in my mouth. After which I've trust issues and always keep my drone in sight.

I hope someone can enlighten me if this is mavic's problem or the go app or my phone.

Thanks.

I live in Australia and have the same problem with my mavic and s7 edge. I had P4 and used Galaxy tab s2 with it without any problems.

The app usually crashes when i am about 10+ mins into recording a video or setting a feature like follow me or active track. I believe it is something related to cache management.

The app shows disconnected message at times when in flight and no matter what I can't get it to connect, even though the RC stays connected to the drone. The first time this happened with me I had my heart in my mouth. After which I've trust issues and always keep my drone in sight.

I hope someone can enlighten me if this is mavic's problem or the go app or my phone.

Thanks.

Live in the UK and have the same issues. I don't let the drone out of sight as I have a trust issue with it.

The Dji go4 app crashes within a couple of mins and it's a restart for me every time.

The advanced features such as active track are lost on me, if the the app crashes within mins then there isn't a point running such tasks as it's a whole risk thing.

And I've shut most of the if not all apps, have aeroplane mode on and still the problem persists. Very frustrating.

Maybe this advice on solving issues with Android devices from the Litchi manual is worth a try.
First make sure you are using the latest public firmware on both RC and aircraft. Then ensure there are
no apps running in the background, including screen recorders. If the problem continues, try to switch
the video decoder to Hardware in the general camera settings, it should improve performance in most
cases. Finally, if you are on Android, try to downgrade Google Play Services, it is known to cause
issues with the video stream on some devices. If all of these do not fix the issues, it is likely that your
device is either not compatible or not powerful enough to run Litchi.

It also suggests turning USB debugging off if there are connection problems.

Thanks.
Have the edge 7 no problems whatsoever

Another problem that occurs that people overlook is the micro USB plug into the phone. When you put the phone into the clamps the USB plug can be presured againist the connection and as you move the RC the plug connects / disconnects causing the disconnected error. Try making the arm clamp on phone plug side less tight so the plug is not jamed at an angle causing loss of connection or usining the bottom USB lead with another lead and see if it improves.

I hate ios but use iphone 6 plus only for the mavic ...with no problem so far ....

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+