DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OnePlus 3T / Type-C RC Cable issue

reVerse

Reactions
Hi,

I'm facing an issue with the connection between my Smartphone (OnePlus 3T) and my Remote Controller. In a nutshell: The connection is flaky. Sometimes it may work for quite some time (especially if the drone doesn't fly) and the next time it constantly disconnects.
I suspected that my RC-Cable may be broken therefore I eventually ordered a new one but the problem remains.

Questions:
a) Is this a known issues / is someone else experiencing this?
b) Anything I can do? I'm up for any suggestion.

Currently I use the USB Type-C Cable the OnePlus came with (via the port on the bottom of the controller). With this I never experienced any disconnect in about five hours of flight time - but with it attached it's really inconvenient to hold the controller.
Other than that: I had the described issue as well with another OnePlus 3T.

Sorry that I didn't mention it: Mavic/RC Controller is on 01.03.0400. Not the latest I know but I honestly I've didn't read about any improvements in the recents versions - only on broken support for the Litchi App ;)

I have the same problem with my OP3, even with the replacement cable they sent me. I am getting a USB type A to type C cable so I can use the regular USB port at the bottom.

Amazon.com: Micro USB Cable - Rerii Golden Plated 30cm Length USB to Micro-B Male Right Angled Cable, Sync & Charging 5-Pin Micro USB Cable: Computers & Accessories
51uKLUc0wXL._SL1100_.jpg

I had a problem with mine doing the same thing a few days ago and stopped flying. It would come up and be ready to fly then all of a sudden it would disconnect. I think it definitely has something to do with the cable or RC. Hopefully someone can figure out this issue.

OP3 (not T version) here - no issues at all, neither with the short side cable or with a longer one plugged into the full size bottom port on the controller - sorry if that doesn't help you with your issue very much, but at least it might be a data point.

Hi,

I'm facing an issue with the connection between my Smartphone (OnePlus 3T) and my Remote Controller. In a nutshell: The connection is flaky. Sometimes it may work for quite some time (especially if the drone doesn't fly) and the next time it constantly disconnects.
I suspected that my RC-Cable may be broken therefore I eventually ordered a new one but the problem remains.

Questions:

Currently I use the USB Type-C Cable the OnePlus came with (via the port on the bottom of the controller). With this I never experienced any disconnect in about five hours of flight time - but with it attached it's really inconvenient to hold the controller.

I have the exact same problem, but with the iphone cable. DJI support simply told me to buy a new one. Didn't do it yet.

Well, that's USB A to micro USB :p
You get the idea. I am just trying to show that they sell these 90 degree USB cables.

The regular USB port has always worked for me when the short OEM cable fails, but I don't like my current straight USB cable because the type C end sticks out too much and makes controlling the left stick very awkward.

I have the exact same problem, but with the iphone cable. DJI support simply told me to buy a new one. Didn't do it yet.

Ok that's interesting to know. I suspected that the issue may be related to the OnePlus but if this even happens to your iPhone... weird and really annoying.

I have the exact same issue using an Android Elephone P9000. The bottom USB connection works perfectly so I have just ordered a 20cm angled USB-C to USB-A.

I've been meaning to contact DJI for a replacement as when I looked at the pins on the supplied USB-C cable they looked misaligned.

Hi,

Questions:

Did u try to remove the little bracket on the controller... I sometime find that it doesn't plug fully into the one plus...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S