DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GoodGuy

Reactions
Close call this morning - and a good reminder to keep my eyes on my drone!

Looks like the Mavic is pretty robust though...

They do make quite good hedge trimmers.

I tried a similar trick with a rubber plant on the terrace when landing a little bit "hot".

In fairness I hadn't noticed a wind direction change and so miscalculated the battery needed to get back home.

Arrived home just as the 10% forced landing kicked in - 10 feet short of the balcony! Normally I hover just above a relativly clear area and land from the other direction. I sort of panicked and threaded it in between the balustrade, a light post and under an awning very quickly.
Clipped a bit of thread hanging off the awning, and went sideways into the rubber plant before nestling next to the garden furniture. No damage but replaced the props anyway.

Lessons: Just because the wind was blowing off-shore an hour before - doesn't mean it still is when you take off for a 5 mile round trip down the river.

Reactions: GoodGuy
Dam lucky there, how did the props look after?
The props were covered in leaf goo, but actually no damage that I could see. I was REALLY lucky! And the river was just waiting down below - and absolutely brown with silt so I never would have found it!

They do make quite good hedge trimmers.

I tried a similar trick with a rubber plant on the terrace when landing a little bit "hot".

In fairness I hadn't noticed a wind direction change and so miscalculated the battery needed to get back home.

Arrived home just as the 10% forced landing kicked in - 10 feet short of the balcony! Normally I hover just above a relativly clear area and land from the other direction. I sort of panicked and threaded it in between the balustrade, a light post and under an awning very quickly.
Clipped a bit of thread hanging off the awning, and went sideways into the rubber plant before nestling next to the garden furniture. No damage but replaced the props anyway.

Lessons: Just because the wind was blowing off-shore an hour before - doesn't mean it still is when you take off for a 5 mile round trip down the river.
Good tip about the wind! I normally try and get back home with about a 1/3 of the battery left - I'd rather shorten the flight than run the risk of it going down where I can't find it!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett