DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

oops got in trouble today

Robbyg

Reactions
My Mavic arrived at my house on Friday 13th but I am away from home for 2 weeks so I have not even seen my Fly More Kit yet.

Today in a moment of weakness I asked my wife to photograph the Box so I can see if the box looks alright. Well she goes one step further and opens the Box and takes the Mavic Box out and opens that up!

She sends me pictures of the inside of the Mavics Box and then calls me and says "This doesn't feel like a cheap toy drone, this feels like and expensive $1000 drone" Yeah I know, why did I ask her to photograph the Box! She of course went on the internet and now my cheap toy drone cover story is totally busssted... *** you Amazon for having a price list for everything on Planet earth.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife thought I was an idiot spending that much money until last Saturday when I invited her to a nice lunch at a lake resort near our place. I snuck the Mavvy along and after lunch went for a flight over the frozen lake that had ice sleds and ice fishing going on. She was blown away by the drone and the video coming back and downloaded later. Nuff said. I got the NOD ;-)

My girlfriend is the one who got me into drones with a cheap Xmas present a couple years ago.

I can buy as many as I want and she can't say a thing haha

Reactions: dex_ and Viper
Wow, you need to get a handle on that. Let her fly it and show her how serious you are about being responsible and registering it. Show her how fun it is. Chances are she will warm up to the idea and if not.... She will eventually get over it.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I feel your pain man. My wife has said if I just open up and tell her things and don't try to hide. So I try that and get the big no and then once I get the no, if I do it anyway it's worse. So... easier to apologize than ask permission...

I feel your pain man. My wife has said if I just open up and tell her things and don't try to hide. So I try that and get the big no and then once I get the no, if I do it anyway it's worse. So... easier to apologize than ask permission...
LOL...OL. You guys are killing me.

I work in the video surveillance field. I just got my boss to buy me one.

My girlfriend is the one who got me into drones with a cheap Xmas present a couple years ago.

I can buy as many as I want and she can't say a thing haha

Just wait until she's no longer your girlfriend but becomes your wife.;)
Wedding cake has a potent chemical in it that changes a woman's behavior :D.

My wife thought I was an idiot spending that much money until last Saturday when I invited her to a nice lunch at a lake resort near our place. I snuck the Mavvy along and after lunch went for a flight over the frozen lake that had ice sleds and ice fishing going on. She was blown away by the drone and the video coming back and downloaded later. Nuff said. I got the NOD ;-)

The old puslinch lake marina trick. You dog. Lol

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Yep! Been there done that and learned to just sneak them in and pray for the best. BTW don't you just love when you catch them doing the same thing. The best one is shoes. I own about 3 pairs, she has so many that it's impossible to tell when a new one is added :mad:

You didn't play the "Oh **** they sent the wrong drone" card

She might send it back and then expect a thank you :oops:

My biggest problem right now is if it crashes! She is going to be on the phone with her sisters telling them how I bought a $1000 drone and then lost it or smashed it. Of course if it happens two month from now the story will eventually change among the family members to "I crashed it within 2 days of buying it"! Just need to give it some time and like the big fish story it will get better and better :(

Well DJI care refresh just got another customer :)
At least I can say it came with 2 FREE replacements and hopefully get away with that one;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake