DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

oops got in trouble today

Always get WAF (Wife Acceptance Factor)

WAF with every purchase would cut my gadget collection in half.:eek:

WAF was ok for my Camera purchase at Christmas. She even said I should buy a zoom lens with it, and I did. The Mavic was something I found out about afterwards and Dang you DJI why did you have to make it so irresistible. I fully blame DJI for my current dilemma :p

She might send it back and then expect a thank you :oops:

My biggest problem right now is if it crashes! She is going to be on the phone with her sisters telling them how I bought a $1000 drone and then lost it or smashed it. Of course if it happens two month from now the story will eventually change among the family members to "I crashed it within 2 days of buying it"! Just need to give it some time and like the big fish story it will get better and better :(

Well DJI care refresh just got another customer :)
At least I can say it came with 2 FREE replacements and hopefully get away with that one;)

Nope. Get StateFarm. You have to pay for DJI to replace the Mavic and only get 2 refreshes. Typically , DJI will not cover a fly away unless you submit logs and jump trough lots of hoops. If its stolen you get nothing from DJI .

Statefarm will cover all of these scenarios and more for 60 a year or 5 dollars per month and NO you dont have to have an existing policy with them. Just call a local agent and ask for a "personal articles policy" for your drone.

They will probably say they have to research it and then get back to you and tell you that YES they will insure it.

I was the first person in Northern Nevada to insure my drones with Statefarm this way and have been insured for over 6 months thus far.

But only if you make more than she does.

And don't mind losing half of everything :D

No thanks, my ***** are with me and just fine :p
My wife keeps me from going overboard. I can think of a dozen times I wanted to buy something very expensive and she pointed out all the pitfalls that my impulsive side was trying to ignore. A good relationship keeps you both in balance. We both let each other get away with some stuff but it's good to have another opinion when a lot of money is on the line.

This brings back memories of the time I wanted to spend $10K on a Jet ski so I could join a good friend on the water. Thank God she talked me out of it. My friend bought his and had nothing but expenses, very rare usage and in the end sold it 2 years later for less than half of what he paid. He maybe used it 10 times in 2 years, so that was basically a $500 a day rental plus a crap load of maintenance and accessories. He was actually just as happy when he sold it as when he bought it.

Well as for me I've been married for 13yrs and counting. I would say compared to some of my other surprise purchases the Mavic is peanuts compared to a "oh honey I just bought a new motorcycle " so she didn't have to fuss about it lol.

At least I can say it came with 2 FREE replacements and hopefully get away with that one
So you are going to get into more trouble saying it has 2 FREE replacements when really the first replacement costs I believe $79 and the second costs I believe like $129 on top of the initial $99? :eek:

Good luck and hope it is still there when you get back and hopefully you don't crash it and have to expose the Refresh realities. :)

You actually have to ask permission to buy stuff? I would assume that as long as obligations are met, you're not selling blood to make ends meet, a person should be able to buy whatever they want.

+1 for bad form. If you have to sneak around behind your wife's back just to buy things with your own hard earned money. NEVER then make her part of the process by "asking her to take a picture of it". I mean you knew it was coming by tracking info. Why did you feel the need to include her in the process at all?
Good luck getting the $149 filters, extra batteries at $89 a pop, or god forbid a $120 case through the doors. Because after this mishap, she's going to look up EVERYTHING just because you wanted a picture. smh

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: deltalimatango
Yeah yeah bad form, but that's just the way some relationships work :p Glad mine doesn't, but I must say I recognize quite a bit and am having quite a good laugh with this topic!

Yep! Been there done that and learned to just sneak them in and pray for the best. BTW don't you just love when you catch them doing the same thing. The best one is shoes. I own about 3 pairs, she has so many that it's impossible to tell when a new one is added :mad:
or shoulder bags and hand bags! we could open a store!

I didn't tell my wife either. Not sure why she was so upset, she just spent 300 bucks on 2 gyms in one month, 200 bucks on face cream, 300 on clothes in ONE MONTH. lol, ive been wearing the same jeans for 10 years. i think they just don't like us having fun.

my wife is cool **** though. we just give each other crap. but seriously, they don't like the little boys that come out when we get a cool toy.

From the vintage bike website:
My worst nightmare is that when I'm gone, my wife will sell my bikes for what I told her they cost !!

vsk

Reactions: LakeTravis
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803