DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Open box Mavics at BHphoto.com for $799

There will be another soon. I'm sending mine back today (fly more combo).

If B&H is selling a open box (most likely a return) for $799 Then I am going to guess that they probably are not loosing money on it...... So I bet there is a 20% to 25% mark up on DJI products.

Just out of curiosity why are you sending it back?

After waiting 2 months for my B&H order to arrive the gimbal is stuttering for no reason when I don't have an ND filter on it. Which means that regardless of what I do, if I fly without an ND filter I am rolling the dice on what footage will be usable from that flight. I also don't feel as though I should have to send brand new device in for repair for an issue that should have been caught in the quality inspection. So in the time it would take (hopefully), to repair this defective Mavic - I ordered another directly from DJI and it arrived this morning.

After waiting 2 months for my B&H order to arrive the gimbal is stuttering for no reason when I don't have an ND filter on it. Which means that regardless of what I do, if I fly without an ND filter I am rolling the dice on what footage will be usable from that flight. I also don't feel as though I should have to send brand new device in for repair for an issue that should have been caught in the quality inspection. So in the time it would take (hopefully), to repair this defective Mavic - I ordered another directly from DJI and it arrived this morning.
Good answer

If B&H is selling a open box (most likely a return) for $799 Then I am going to guess that they probably are not loosing money on it...... So I bet there is a 20% to 25% mark up on DJI products.
As a business owner if I can't make minimum 25% markup on parts I would not survive. When you buy groceries do you think your buying items at their cost? We all have to make a profit to survive. I'm sure DJI sets a list price and the dealers get a discount off that for their profit margin. That way also the price is the same no matter where you buy it.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000