DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Opinions on Provincial/National Park Rules in Canada

ThomJ

Reactions
Hello everyone! In light of the new regulations given to recreational drone pilots here in Canada, I was curious as to other's opinions on the rules regarding flight in national and provincial parks. In short, you're basically not allowed to takeoff/land without getting permission from the park superintendent. Apparently only a handful of people have been allowed to fly drones in parks. I find their reasoning doesn't make sense to me though; the two main reasons that are cited are intrusion/disruption of wildlife and invasion of privacy. I find it ironic that they don't consider tagging and tracking animals or flying helicopters around to be disruptive but flying a 3 pound drone is. Also last time I checked, people are allowed to take your picture when you're on a public trail and as far as I know, you have very little right to privacy. Obvisouly following someone around on purpose and using drones to aid in hunting is totally unacceptable. Does anyone else think these rules are unjustified? Is there anything I'm misunderstanding/misinterpreting?

EDIT: Sorry I guess I should have mentioned these are the rules for parks in Alberta, not sure about the rest of Canada.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AASHIANAPC