DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Opinions on this tablet fast please!

laura schlenker

Reactions
Hi I'm using my tab s2 with mavic and it works perfectly I love it. But I'd like to have a dedicated tablet to use instead of pulling this one in and put of its case and dragging it all over. I see a iPad mini 2, 32 gig wifi for sale for 175 dollars is this a provenew tablet to work? Is it a good price I'm android users so I know very little about Apple. Any other recommendations in a android that works great and a reasonable price?

Hi I'm using my tab s2 with mavic and it works perfectly I love it. But I'd like to have a dedicated tablet to use instead of pulling this one in and put of its case and dragging it all over. I see a iPad mini 2, 32 gig wifi for sale for 175 dollars is this a provenew tablet to work? Is it a good price I'm android users so I know very little about Apple. Any other recommendations in a android that works great and a reasonable price?

I am currently using a Samsung S7 edge when flying the Mavic, but seeking some android tablet alternatives as I don't like to use my main smartphone to control the flight, and also because this model is for sure quickly draining the RC battery when connected (the RC recharges the S7 battery The S7 is usable under direct sunlight, but before buying another tablet I'll be waiting for the DJI crystalsky to see what the price tag will be before getting into anything else, although I am quite sure it won't be cheap anyway. Have friends regularly flying on Ipad mini 2 and they are fine with it, I have seen one of them last sunday, we where at the beach, direct sunshine, and was OK, but the guy had a sun hood installed on the device. I'm regularly flying my Inspire with an Ipad Pro (9.7") and it's perfect in the shadows, still acceptable under direct sunlight. In my experience the most annoying factor is the scarce visibility of the majority of those displays under direct sunlight. If you can't wait, just go to a shop and take a look at the available devices out there. Don't forget to consider the glare of the screen as an important factor. The majority of those cheap tablets are useless outdoor. There are some interesting (price) android REALLY sunlight readable devices out there in the 5" to 7" size, but are quite thick and I don't think any of them would fit the Mavic RC. So at the moment I'll stay with my flight configuration, and probably might consider a real upgrade if the crystalsky ( two sizes shall be available in 5.5” / 7.85” 1000 cd/m2 and 7.85” Ultra Bright 2000 cd/m2) will be a real game changer fitting both my inspire&mavic remotes, at a decent price.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

The iPad mini 2 barely has the horsepower for my Phantom 3, so I am thinking it won't handle the more processor intensive requirements of the Mavic. If you want to stay with Apple get a mini 4, or go with a Shield K1 for $200

you need something with the best screen for outdoor day time use. the iPad tablets are worst and I've been flying before with my P3/P4 and hate using the ipad. Samsung make the best AMOLED screen which is great for direct sunlight use during the day. Get any newer Samsung tablet that fits your budget.

you need something with the best screen for outdoor day time use. the iPad tablets are worst and I've been flying before with my P3/P4 and hate using the ipad. Samsung make the best AMOLED screen which is great for direct sunlight use during the day. Get any newer Samsung tablet that fits your budget.
I wouldn't say any newer Samsung tablet because the Tab A's do not have amoled screens, only the S series have them.

Dji reps on rcgroups recommend Apple products as they function better with DJI equipment. I picked up a new iPad mini 4 with GPS for around 300 a few months ago. I really like this model, much faster than previous and is less susceptible to glare and reflections.

So far, flying with ipad mini 2 has been awesome! No problems/issues! Trying to hold out until ipad mini 5/ipad mini pro comes out....rumored to be around March 2017.

I have been flying with both a Samsung Tab S 10" (mid 2015) and Ipad Pro 9.7 (since oct 2016) The latter is far more readable in direct sunlight. The anti glare treatment on the Ipad Pro is excellent. I also have experienced several app crashes with the Samsung tablet when flying with Litchi, that required restarting the app and reconnecting while the bird was hovering. A crashing app while flying is really an unconfortable experience. The overall ipad performance has been by far superior for me to date, when compared to the rest of the bunch of tablets/smartphones I have tried, also in terms of stability and overall peace of mind.

I have been flying with both a Samsung Tab S 10" (mid 2015) and Ipad Pro 9.7 (since oct 2016) The latter is far more readable in direct sunlight. The anti glare treatment on the Ipad Pro is excellent. I also have experienced several app crashes with the Samsung tablet when flying with Litchi, that required restarting the app and reconnecting while the bird was hovering. A crashing app while flying is really an unconfortable experience. The overall ipad performance has been by far superior for me to date, when compared to the rest of the bunch of tablets/smartphones I have tried, also in terms of stability and overall peace of mind.

where do you get your tablet mount for the RC?

where do you get your tablet mount for the RC?

718c40055ea03642426e29fbb57cebfb.jpg
it's just a 3D printed plastic extender to fit a 10" tablet

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929