DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Options for Extra Controller Power

halley

Reactions
So I am not clear on what connections are available on the controller yet. My understanding is that the controller itself eats battery charge, and older phones may also struggle to supply enough power to go the distance with all the things the phone is responsible for doing.

If I have a USB power brick, I could connect it to my phone but that's how the controller connects. Can I hook the USB power brick to the controller, and then have it supply extra power to the phone also? What level of current is the controller able to pass on?

Yes you can charge the controller from a USB power bank through the top left connector and connect your phone using the bottom middle USB connector.

Controller does not charge the phone.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
The controller DOES charge the phone, and if you use the bottom USB port to connect the phone, then you may use a power bank, or charger, to keep both charged.

However, neither should be necessary. You should get an hour or more of flight time on the controller battery. If not, then there is something really wrong with your phone.

Sent from Dana's Nexus 6p

I could not have the volume on but I watched. I didn't see it charging the iPad. Did he say it was?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Not sure what that video shows??? It is charging the remote not the iPad in the video.

Yes, it's charging the remote controller as it's being used.

Did u read the second paragraph from OP. He wants to charge the remote and his cell phone at the same time. Answer is no. Not with an iPhone anyways.

I just did this set up with my IPHONE. IT DOES NOT CHARGE MY PHONE. It shows charging for about 2 seconds then it stops charging. Not sure what else to say to u.

IT DOES NOT CHARGE MY PHONE.
You're on fire tonight, sir ;)

Yes -- I understand this might not work for everyone. Some phones apparently charge when plugged into the remote controller. Unfortunately, it seems you're using the wrong phone for the job if this is a must-have for you.

Reactions: lifeismusic
I don't need it at all. I was testing it for the OP because he asked. Then it turned into the most confusing conversion of my day. Wow

Yes, we all get it -- this will not work with an iPhone. Thank you for testing and confirming that.

Controller does not charge the phone.

What power supply are you using? You may have to use a higher current supply for the iPhone to charge. Of course this is in direct contravention of DJI's instructions to only use their charger.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98