DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Orange County, CA area

Newbie here. Just got a Mavic.

My question...how many of you fly in Newport Beach regularly? Obviously, it's within 5 miles of John Wayne and multiple other helipads. Have you had any problems? What do I need to know?

(Registered already with the FAA and joined the AMA.)

You can text me 714-310-0686. I live in Aliso Viejo and there's a great RC park called Kite Hill nearby in Laguna Niguel. There are almost always other Phantom pilots on hand, and even a few fellow Mavic owners.

Let me know if you want to meet up some time.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: larryp and astroboy
You can text me 714-310-0686. I live in Aliso Viejo and there's a great RC park called Kite Hill nearby in Laguna Niguel. There are almost always other Phantom pilots on hand, and even a few fellow Mavic owners.

Let me know if you want to meet up some time.

Thank you. I'll keep that in mind. Right now, I'm primarily focused on shooting places near Newport.

Reactions: Dogstr
Do they still fly RC airplanes at Esperanza HS on the bluffs there in Costa Mesa?
That could be a likely spot.

Is that right by the golf course? My coworker just this morning mentioned a spot he was at this weekend which was on some bluffs. Guessing it is the same place. He said he say 2-3 people flying airplanes and a couple flying drones. Sounds like a perfect place.

Mine is supposed to ship this Friday. So maybe the following weekend?

Reactions: larryp
I was flying there two weeks ago practicing active track with a biker friend. Lots of space there.

Well right now it's muddy. There is an area where RC pilots fly, but I spent time flying in the wider area where bikers jump. I was there on a week day, so it wasn't crowded. Not sure how it is during weekends. For flying tracking or testing it's fine. But not scenic unlike other areas in the OC like Dana point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I be getting my Mavic on Tuesday and will be in Lake Forest CA for the next two weeks. Where are the best CR places to learn how two fly Mavic?

I be getting my Mavic on Tuesday and will be in Lake Forest CA for the next two weeks. Where are the best CR places to learn how two fly Mavic?

Lake forest has some pretty decently large parks. I get mine next week so haven't been out to any places just yet. The place referenced above from what I hear is very good. Only about 15 minutes from lake forest.

Do you have to sign up with the flight club there to fly? I believe the website is
www.1hss.org

Anyway, just got my mavic! Super stoked, looking to go fly somewhere tomorrow since it will be only sunny day for the next couple of days.

Where in Lake Forest are you at ? I am in Foothill Ranch. Been flying my Mavic at the local parks and a couple of times over Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park. BUT have to be careful if there is ever an emergency and the helicopters start to fly over that you can quickly head back in and land. I don't take it out too far over into the park because of that. There seems to be a person falling off their bike and hurting themselves at least once a week. :-O

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike