DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ordered Mavic Pro yesterday - Newb

Reactions
The wait begins. Hopefully it will arrive by next weekend. This is my first drone. I have older Blade Heli's, but really excited about getting into drone photography! I'm a 59 year old male(just turned today) from the Northwoods of Wisconsin. Any "must see" videos, blogs, etc. on the Mavic Pro pertaining to tips, flight training, etc. would be very much appreciated.

Reactions: dirkclod
The wait begins. Hopefully it will arrive by next weekend. This is my first drone. I have older Blade Heli's, but really excited about getting into drone photography! I'm a 59 year old male(just turned today) from the Northwoods of Wisconsin. Any "must see" videos, blogs, etc. on the Mavic Pro pertaining to tips, flight training, etc. would be very much appreciated.
Howdy from Wyoming The Dirty Birch, welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :)

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

My advice go to YouTube and watch as many Mavic Pro videos as you can. Pay attention to "The home point has been recorded check it on the map" Keep it close. Pay attention to RTH height setting. I have mine 2 months and this forum & YouTube have been tremoundous help. Enjoy and fly safe.

Don't try indoor flying, not worth the possible outcome, fly in a big wide open area until you are confident, then don't let confidence lead to a crash. I used beginners mode until I was confident.

Hi, welcome.
Read as much as you can here, YouTube and download the full manual as the quick start one is pretty much useless.
First few flights in beginner mode in a large open grassy area.
Don't be too eager to let it loose.
Plenty of time later.

Woohoo! Congrats and welcome to the forums!
The mavic is an awesome piece of kit, enjoy it! Like others have mentioned; don't fly indoors! The mavic behaves entirely different when it doesnt have proper gps lock, and most living rooms do not have sufficient room to deal with a drifting mavic at 4ft altitude...
Having said that, emjoy enjoy enjoy! I am 36 years old, and every time I let the little Mav out of the bag, I feel like a little boy on his birthday!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N