DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ordering a Mavic in the UK

Malfius

Reactions
Hey everyone.
So I have definitely decided to get a Mavic Pro (fly more bundle) however I'm curious about the delivery timescales.
The DJI website says 4-6 weeks following order confirmation.
I visited a Jessops and they have 330 on back order with no idea of delivery date.
What has been other people's experience for getting one in the UK?

Any extra info would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Last edited:
A lot of people are waiting all over the world for them.

Maplins are probably the best option but even posting that here might change things!
I'd be surprised if supply doesn't improve steadily through late Winter.
It's a poor time to fly it anyway so waiting a month is no big deal.

I ordered mine from Apple on the 8th November and the status is still 'In Processing'. Apple say it will be delivered between 22nd Dec and 10th Jan, but I'm not very hopeful.

Reactions: kiteboy
I ordered mine direct from DJI, on 15th of October, fly more package. Exactly 8 weeks later it arrived, I wasn't in a hurry so didn't mind the wait.

If you order from DJI, don't order refresh at the same time, order it once you get your drone and confirm its healthy, that way you won't lose time if there is a problem with-it
You have 48 hours to order refresh from first activation, I carried out all the updates and then flew it very cautiously to confirm all was well, then purchased refresh. Note the 'cautiously'! You cant apply refresh if its already crashed!

Once it shipped from DJI I had it 3 days later, collected from local DHL Depot as soon as it was checked in.

I also ordered the same package from Jessops a week later, wanted to hedge my bets, still waiting, haven't decided if I will cancel yet or just wait and get it, sell it here, so that someone who actually wants a Mavic in this community can get one quickly, won't be any mark up, just the carriage costs to its new owner.

Order any accessories direct from DJI Shop, if its in stock, 3 days delivery from a fulfillment center in UK.RC Geeks are also excellent at getting accessories to you at DJI pricing. don't buy props from amazon, most of the sellers on there are 100% mark up! I also noticed fleabay vendors are selling props at the £4 mark, not sure I want a cheap copy foldable prop between my Mavic and oblivion.

Hey everyone.
So I have definitely decided to get a Mavic Pro (fly more bundle) however I'm curious about the delivery timescales.
I visited a Jessops and they have 330 on back order with no idea of delivery date.

For interest, the Mavic is about 30% more expensive in UK than Hong Kong, if you have any contacts there I would use them, delivery through DJI flagship store in HK is "about a month"

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I ordered mine direct from DJI, on 15th of October, fly more package. Exactly 8 weeks later it arrived, I wasn't in a hurry so didn't mind the wait.

John, did you order it from the US DJI store? I can't find a UK store online.

John, did you order it from the US DJI store? I can't find a UK store online.

dji.com, then select store, don't forget to click the Union Jack flag to select UK store, after you click store, ordered from there, pricing is in Sterling, delivery, customs etc all included. 3 to 4 weeks at present.

DJi store won't bill you until it ships now so not a bad way to go.
My choice would be one of the main UK dealers though.
Stock will start arriving more reliably soon surely.

DJi store won't bill you until it ships now so not a bad way to go.
My choice would be one of the main UK dealers though.
Stock will start arriving more reliably soon surely.

Maybe not Jessops :-/

dji.com, then select store, don't forget to click the Union Jack flag to select UK store, after you click store, ordered from there, pricing is in Sterling, delivery, customs etc all included. 3 to 4 weeks at present.

I've just found out I get 10% DJI discount too, so that negates the delivery charge on the batteries.
I'm going to keep my Apple order though as I also got 10% discount before the price increased to £1100

I ordered a Mavic Pro through a Clifton Cameras weeks ago and after endless emails I gave up waiting. It's not their fault as it seems independent suppliers in the UK are a long way down in the DJI supply chain. After they said the wait might stretch into months not weeks I cancelled the order and yesterday ordered direct from DJI. 24hrs later my order does say 'shipped"! I'm not getting too hopeful yet, but I think I may get one in a week or two and not sometime just before Christmas!

Last edited:
Reactions: hak1308
If shipped you should receive within a few days. I ordered direct with dji on a Sunday evening and received on the Tuesday 2 days later

Great day to receive as well for the UK. Winds are down and some periods hopefully to get up flying. Off to do some Thames filming tomorrow

Reactions: Soundtekk
Hey everyone.

Ordered mine from cvp.com and it arrived next day !
This was about 2 weeks ago :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000