DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

OT Question regarding Neutral Density Filters

bandroidx

Reactions
I am asking here because many of you are camera pros and are experts in this stuff.

I am looking for a film to put over my tablet to reduce its minimum brightness. I use it when I wake up in a pitch dark bedroom and I love the tablet but its minimum brightness is just too bright, it blows my eyes out when i turn it on when i wake up.

I have tried the apps which suck, they just change the contrast and the backlight is still at the same brightness for the lcd.

Originally I was looking at privacy screens but these are expensivbe and doing stuff i dont want which is likely to reduce picture quality more than just a tint.

I found a thread about this and a guy had great success using neutral density film. He didnt know what he bought but I found these on amazon: (he used on a laptop, I am hoping they will work with a touch screen)

Amazon.com : LEE FILTERS 210 SHEET .6 NEUTRAL DENSITY SHEET Gel-Sheets : Photographic Lighting Filters : Camera & Photo

Amazon.com : Lee .3ND, 20" x 24" One Stop Neutral Density Lighting Filter : Camera Lens Neutral Density Filters : Camera & Photo

Amazon.com : 09 ND Gel Sheet 211 (Neutral Density) : Photographic Lighting Filters : Camera & Photo

They are big enough to cut down for my 10.1 tablet screen.

They are 1 stop, 2 stop and 3 stop I believe. I have no idea which is best, I prefer not to buy all 3 if possible. I dont understand stops at all, I have no reference to go by. I want pretty major dark filter to the screen, not black obviously though.

It looks like 1 stop will maybe not do enough and 3 stop might be too dark?

Thanks for the help guys.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike