DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Other Mavic Apps

mastermind

Reactions
Opinons on other 3rd party software apps for iPhone for Mavic? I cam across Autopilot, FPV Camera, Litchi, Kitthawk.

Curious as to what others feel about either of these compared to DJI Go.. Front runners? Anything you use over DJI Go and why?

Thanks

Litchi has some fine functions, especially the advanced preprogrammed flight option

The best method I know for programming a flight goes like this:
- In Google Earth, under "Add Path", I place waypoints on the map and save the path as a .kml file
- In Mission Hub - Litchi I import the kml file to a new mission
- In flylitchi.com I add POIs, adjust the waypoint heights, camera angles etc. The Google Earth Elevation Profile is useful for this.
- In the iOS Litchi app I upload the path to the Mavic Pro and start the flight

This way I end up with a precise preprogrammed flight which can be repeated at any time. The flight altitude and camera angle can be interpolated between the waypoints for nice video shots.

There may be room for improvements in Litchi, but I still prefer it over DJI Go

I don't know the other apps, but would like to hear about other experiences

Erik

Litchi is quick and easy to learn. The offline flight planner is brilliant especially on a big screen PC. Focus mode is also very useful and setting the Orbit POI on the map with Litchi as so much better than having to fly over the point in Go4

Autopilot is much more advanced and offers shed-loads of extra powerful options. But you'll need 6 months to learn how to use it and the screen is just so cluttered on a tiny iPad screen (can't use Mac or PC)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Esccueje