DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Other No Fly Zone Apps

jerry2032

Reactions
I'm vacationing to Kauai next month and have read that state parks are no-drone zones in Hawaii.

I use Hover and UAV Forecast but neither of those two apps show state park boundaries. Does anyone know of an app that shows those boundaries?

B4UFly

AirMap
Can contact some towers to tell them you are flying in the area if you want. Also you can see others who are using the app and flying near you.

AirMap
Can contact some towers to tell them you are flying in the area if you want. Also you can see others who are using the app and flying near you.

I think the FAA should just partner with AirMap and call it a day. So many problems solved by that little app, but since its private, it's only as good as their marketing is. That's a shame, becuase from what I've read and heard, the FAA is actively seeking contractors to build an app with these same features.

Reactions: Canes76
Thanks for the replies. I'll give AirMap a try.

Unfortunately most attractions I envisioned shooting are off limits. Hanakapi`ai Falls, Kilauea Lighthouse, Waimea Canyon, and the Napali Coast.

Its too bad they have just a blanket ban on drones versus a more reasonable approach.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miguelmas