DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ouch crashed head on. Gimbal damage, fix?

YellowJacket

Reactions
Here's a picture. In the center you can see that the tab is broken. Is this piece easily replaceable?

Attachments

• IMG_20170121_164614.jpg
    IMG_20170121_164614.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 216
  • IMG_20170121_165036.jpg
    IMG_20170121_165036.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 199
Technically it's easy to fix, but... you obviously need the part, and secondly open up the Mavic. The two silver rounds things look like the bottom of screws.

How did your crash happen and how long have you had the Mavic? (sorry to hear about the accident)
I received it yesterday but today was the first time I flew it. It was on my third flight that I crashed it. Long story so I'll make it short :)...

My second flight was inside. I had to disable the forward collision sensors to fly inside. Well, I went outside and forgot I disabled them. My friend came over, I went to show him how it avoids obstacles but the drone flew right into my garage door. It didn't hit too hard but broke the tab. It still flies well and camera works but its shaky due to the missing tab.

I received it yesterday but today was the first time I flew it. It was on my third flight that I crashed it. Long story so I'll make it short :)...

My second flight was inside. I had to disable the forward collision sensors to fly inside. Well, I went outside and forgot I disabled them. My friend came over, I went to show him how it avoids obstacles but the drone flew right into my garage door. It didn't hit too hard but broke the tab. It still flies well and camera works but its shaky due to the missing tab.
GEESH Very sorry to hear that. I find that a lot of crashes come within 1st 2 weeks.

You might consider a personal articles policy. It covers all loses. Crashes included. Lost birds. No deductible. Cheap. Did you have DJI Care/Refresh?

GEESH Very sorry to hear that. I find that a lot of crashes come within 1st 2 weeks.

You might consider a personal articles policy. It covers all loses. Crashes included. Lost birds. No deductible. Cheap. Did you have DJI Care/Refresh?
I do have DJI Refresh. Its well worth the $99. I bought a trackimo just to avoid losses.

I bought some JB Weld this morning and glued the tab back on the Mavic. I thought I may have to take it apart but it was pretty easy to glue back on. I'm waiting for it to cure but it looks very promissing. If it doesn't work then I'll exercise DJI Refresh :(

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest