DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Out of focus area, bottom right hand side..? Opinions sought.

Pedro

Reactions
I can see a small out of focus area in my videos, bottom right hand side.. I wonder if firstly you agree and secondly whether it would bother you enough to send your Mavic to DJI to investigate/remedy?

I'm on the latest firmware, have reset the camera, have re-formatted the card and re-calibrate the gimbal and IMU.

I had a chat with support this evening and they thought that it was all down to the subject matter rather than a fault. Granted, the subject matter isn't great especially for discerning this problem so I will try different subject matter tomorrow but I am interested to know what other people think of this and whether I'm being too critical..

Thanks.

(clips put together just to show the issue):

Other people have reported this issue. Do a search in the forum, but I think resolution was to return the unit for repair/replacement.

I can see a small out of focus area in my videos, bottom right hand side.. I wonder if firstly you agree and secondly whether it would bother you enough to send your Mavic to DJI to investigate/remedy?

I'm on the latest firmware, have reset the camera, have re-formatted the card and re-calibrate the gimbal and IMU.

I had a chat with support this evening and they thought that it was all down to the subject matter rather than a fault. Granted, the subject matter isn't great especially for discerning this problem so I will try different subject matter tomorrow but I am interested to know what other people think of this and whether I'm being too critical..

Thanks.

(clips put together just to show the issue):

Take a look here....... Have anyone else experienced uneven focus ?

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?ur...&share_tid=717&share_fid=1514257&share_type=t

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Something 'clever; is going on with the compression in Mavic, it seems to decide what is the main area of interest and what is less important, and uses a smoothing algorithm there which looks odd on grass and trees for example.
Worth trying the camera reset and calibration thing, but just as likely you'll find on another day it's not really evident anyway.

Other people have reported this issue. Do a search in the forum, but I think resolution was to return the unit for repair/replacement.

Thanks, yes I was aware of the issue. I'm more interested here in seeing whether other people would see this is as unacceptable and return it or live with it.. :)

I'll try filming something with a more distinct background today.

Something 'clever; is going on with the compression in Mavic, it seems to decide what is the main area of interest and what is less important, and uses a smoothing algorithm there which looks odd on grass and trees for example.
Worth trying the camera reset and calibration thing, but just as likely you'll find on another day it's not really evident anyway.

Those units are defective, period. I can't see of what use should be a "clever" smoothing algorithm that blurs part of the pict/video, apart from making it unusable.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej