DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

outline drawings needs for cutting foam to store mavic with controller

Moonie

Reactions
I have a spare Peli case iM2100 and am wanting the outlines of the mavic drone, controller, extra batteries and charging unit so that I can cut the foam ready for my drones arrival. Can anyone help or can you send me the dimensions of the battery, the charger and the other items in the fly combo package. Thanks everyone

Handdrawn from a mavic hardcase, Hope it helps

Attachments

• Hardcase outline.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 509
Reactions: Rafluc
cc7b62e197a9dca8a22b82b80fb4c580.jpg

This is a shot of my GPC. I liked it cause it had more battery compartments.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: MrBrownAD
Another layout

Attachments

• Hardcase inlay.pdf
    17.8 KB · Views: 411
  • Hardcase Inlay.jpg
    Hardcase Inlay.jpg
    537.3 KB · Views: 416
  • Koffer inlay.zip
    7.5 KB · Views: 290
NOT interested, unless ALL items from the Fly-More-Combo & some extra space for ND-filters, lenspen and extended landing gear fits in it.

That's the idea but also the smallest size case so it fits in a backpack or small bag if needed.
This will hold:
1 Drone
3 Extra batteries
Extra Propellers
Charging Hub
Main Charger + Car Charger

We made the extra compartment (upper left) big enough to fit props and other items as you mentioned.

That's the idea but also the smallest size case so it fits in a backpack or small bag if needed.
This will hold:
1 Drone
3 Extra batteries
Extra Propellers
Charging Hub
Main Charger + Car Charger

We made the extra compartment (upper left) big enough to fit props and other items as you mentioned.

Nice, looks similar to this one at $39. What's the price point expected to be?

Looks good! If you need someone to test it out, let me know. I've reviewed tons of items from companies in the past.

Nice, looks similar to this one at $39. What's the price point expected to be?
This one is going to be in the $65-80 range. It's a precision laser cut EVA insert for max protection and presentation. I didn't see a link to the other model you mentioned at $39. Would you mind sending that to me?

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
NOT interested, unless ALL items from the Fly-More-Combo & some extra space for ND-filters, lenspen and extended landing gear fits in it.
^^^This

I think a lot of case makers are failing to realise this

Needs to carry everything in a fly more combo (chargers and all)
room for another battery or two
iPad mini slot
square cutout to suit the adapters for the ipad
slot for polar pro case etc filters

Thats why I have my case, bulkier but I can fit all my gear, plus have GCP targets in the lid

This one is going to be in the $65-80 range. It's a precision laser cut EVA insert for max protection and presentation. I didn't see a link to the other model you mentioned at $39. Would you mind sending that to me?
I can't seem to find that specific one that I was referencing at the moment. I think I forgot to copy/paste the address in to the thread. Here's one I found that's similar to what I was thinking. Amazon.com: DRONESAFE Rugged Mini Drone Carry Case Organizer With Customizable Foam – Protect DJI Mavic Pro Foldable Drone Combo and Accessories Such as Remote Control , Extra Batteries , Propellers and More: Toys & Games

I don't think this one (or the other one I was referring to) is as nice as your plan is though.

I can't seem to find that specific one that I was referencing at the moment. I think I forgot to copy/paste the address in to the thread. Here's one I found that's similar to what I was thinking. Amazon.com: DRONESAFE Rugged Mini Drone Carry Case Organizer With Customizable Foam – Protect DJI Mavic Pro Foldable Drone Combo and Accessories Such as Remote Control , Extra Batteries , Propellers and More: Toys & Games

I don't think this one (or the other one I was referring to) is as nice as your plan is though.
Thanks Jeff. Yes, that one is pretty simple. It uses "Pick n Pluck" insert which is where the foam is perforated but effectively you have to cut out the foam in the shape that you want. The thing is, people usually want to store about the same parts/equipment, so our case takes care of the most common parts. Thanks!

Will you ship to India ?

Whose we?

Any chance I could order just the cut foam? Could you make a slot for 3 pack polar pro filters? I have the Pelican 1400 case already but like your foam better than the one I have.

Any chance I could order just the cut foam? Could you make a slot for 3 pack polar pro filters? I have the Pelican 1400 case already but like your foam better than the one I have.
Hi Kayak,

Sorry we wouldn't be able to provide the foam as it's customized to the case which is likely different size than you Pelican. Yes, we are considering the Polar Pro filters, but it will not be in this particular product revision. Thanks for the request!

Interested. Bring it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair