DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

P3A vs Mavic Range

Mavikhan

Reactions
I am about to buy my first drone and range is my #1 priority. Getting the best deal for my money is my 2nd priority. Camera quality is not much of a consideration because as a beginner I don't think I will be very discriminating. That is why I am not considering the P3 Pro. I don't expect to do much post-editing but I will use ND filters. Should I buy the P3 Advanced or the Mavic?

Reactions: Jayfly
I had a P3A for almost 2 years, to get the same range as the Mavic out of the box I had to add a long range panel antenna to the P3, as @MavicHelp stated above if range is your main criteria then the Mavic is best, not to mention an all around better quad :)

Reactions: Mavikhan
Thanks. I'm gonna roll with the Mavic. Better range, more bang for the buck, and quiet. Portability is not a priority for me but quiet is important. I forgot to mention that earlier.

Reactions: jointeffort
Since it is illegal to fly beyond sight why do you need the range, especially as a beginner

I need to recon several contiguous large farms.
That does not negate the law, unless you become a Licensed pilot. You said video quality was not important, well if you are doing recon I would think that it would be very important. The MavicPilots does not support full size tablets I would recommend if you do decide to break the law and fly out of sight anyway that you use a phantom = better camera and supports 10" tablets, overall a more robust system

That does not negate the law, unless you become a Licensed pilot. You said video quality was not important, well if you are doing recon I would think that it would be very important. The MavicPilots does not support full size tablets I would recommend if you do decide to break the law and fly out of sight anyway that you use a phantom = better camera and supports 10" tablets, overall a more robust system

Dude relax. You're right. I'm a beginner. Have a coke and a smile. Relax.

Reactions: jointeffort
We all need to obey the laws to preserve the freedom we currently have to fly recklessly flying beyond sight is compounding the negative attention to this hobby. My point was to advise you that distance is a non benefit since it really cannot be used anyway.

If range is your #1 priority get the Mavic. Not only will you be able to go farther you will get there without dropouts. Flying the P3p the range is amazing but you may get a few dropouts along the way. Almost none for the Mavic. The quality of the video is also better. In short, I love them both but the Mavic is better in just about every way.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

It's not against the law. Highly recommended but not against the law.

Yeah tell the OP what he needs.. lol

The camera on the advanced is not better than the Mavic.

The Mavic supports the same tablets the Phantom does. Just have to buy a mount.

Dude relax. You're right. I'm a beginner. Have a coke and a smile. Relax.

Get the Mavic. It will suit you just fine. I suggest you get a larger tablet and an adapter to hold it. Mavic is better in every way except handling the wind. I believe they are rated similarly but my experience is the heavier Phantom 3 does a better job as it gets windier.

See the chart at my link above. It's a rule listed under the "Fly for Fun" column.

At any rate the "line of sight" on my Mavic is way better than a P3 or P4. The Mavic has a flashing led backwards facing, and the Phantom series don't. I can keep track of my MP way easier

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

We all need to obey the laws to preserve the freedom we currently have to fly recklessly flying beyond sight is compounding the negative attention to this hobby. My point was to advise you that distance is a non benefit since it really cannot be used anyway.
Don't listen to this guy. No badge don't talk. You can still be responsible and do something unlawful.

Sent from my SM-N920T using MavicPilots mobile app

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54