DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

packing Mavic and controller in the fly more combo bag

Motley

Reactions
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to pack your Mavic and controller in the bag that comes with the "fly more combo"? I just received mine yesterday and have noticed that once you pack the Mavic into the bag the controller fits very tight and I don't see a way to pack it without possibly causing damage to the controller sticks. I am not sure if it is ok to pack the controller in such a way that the sticks are not centered and just seems dangerous to transport with it so tightly packed.

I put my Mavic in long ways (longest dimension running parallel to longest bag length) and 3d pritned a controller stick guard. Controller is snug and the sticks dont move.

I don't like the DJI bag either, but went with a LowePro Sling 150, an awesome bag, holds the Mavic, controller, 4 batteries, tablet, cables and accessories like a charger and extra props, and has a built in tripod holder and rain cover. It's still small and easy to transport, easy carry on for a plane. Pelican's and Gopro are great hard cases but not needed for the Mavic.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to pack your Mavic and controller in the bag that comes with the "fly more combo"? I just received mine yesterday and have noticed that once you pack the Mavic into the bag the controller fits very tight and I don't see a way to pack it without possibly causing damage to the controller sticks. I am not sure if it is ok to pack the controller in such a way that the sticks are not centered and just seems dangerous to transport with it so tightly packed.
Mavic Bag.jpg

Remote sticks protected with 3D printed guards. Batteries carried one on craft, one in each net pocket. Another one would fit under remote control.

Last edited:
Ok, I also considered 3d printing a guard for the sticks and that is probably what I will do. Do you by chance have a part posted on thingiverse out anything? If so and you don't mind sharing I would prefer not to reinvent the wheel but can if needed.

I appreciate the suggestions and I prefer not to go the hard case route as that is more than I need, plus extra cost.

Reactions: lifeismusic
Ok, I also considered 3d printing a guard for the sticks and that is probably what I will do. Do you by chance have a part posted on thingiverse out anything? If so and you don't mind sharing I would prefer not to reinvent the wheel but can if needed.

I appreciate the suggestions and I prefer not to go the hard case route as that is more than I need, plus extra cost.
I bought mine from eBay. About £7 GBP for the two.

Here you go: DJI Mavic Pro Remote Protector by sebastian_de

Here is my first print, kind of messy. Probably will do a second run when I have some time

5OAZI0g.jpg

Luckily, I have a 3D printer so not an issue for me to print one. Then it only costs me at most $1 in filament, likely less. ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo