DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Panasonic G80 , Sony RX100V, Panasonic FZ2500

dam

Reactions
Hi,

I have my eye out to get one of these simalarly priced cameras primarily for video with the odd time of timelapse and photography.

Which do you guys think is good Panasonic G80/85 , Sony RX 100V, Panasonic FZ2500.

I have read fab reviews about the FZ1000 the predecessor of the FZ2500 and also the quick autofocus of the RX100V.. so im torn between these..

Hi,

I have my eye out to get one of these simalarly priced cameras primarily for video with the odd time of timelapse and photography.

Which do you guys think is good Panasonic G80/85 , Sony RX 100V, Panasonic FZ2500.

Totally different cameras. I think you need to really think about your requirements and then the best camera will be obvious.

I'm looking to buy the RX100 v because I need a small fast camera with flip up screen. I'd like a super zoom but that negates the first two requirements. If I was going to film a drone flying then the RX100 would be for from ideal because of the small zoom range. Your FZ2500 would be a better choice.
Check photography reviews on YouTube and see if what the reviewers find the cameras are good at meets your photography requirements.

I just ordered the G85 camera with kit lens. I currently have two M43 cameras, a Panasonic GH2 and the X5 camera on my Inspire 1 Pro drone so it just makes sense to replace one M43 camera with another and use the existing lenses. I had hoped to buy the GH5 and have waited nearly a year for it but Photokina indicated the GH5 was at least 6 months out and probably 9 months or more so -- I'm tired of waiting.

Brian

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
turtle27mike