DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Parabolic range extenders yay or nay?

jabz

Reactions
Has anyone here actually exceeded the 7km mark with parabolic range extenders? Just curious as mine are coming in the mail and want to understand strengths and limitations.

Has anyone here actually exceeded the 7km mark with parabolic range extenders? Just curious as mine are coming in the mail and want to understand strengths and limitations.
If you exceeded 7km the battery would die before you got back.
You might get better penetration through trees closer to home though.
Reports are mixed from using them, inexpensive to try.

Reactions: mlaczek

I got a set from my local Best Buy store a couple of weeks ago. The finally have the Mavic and some a few accessories in stock. I have tested them five different times at different locations on 2 different days just to rule out erroneous interference issues. I actually had better signal strength without them. With the parabolic extenders on I had gone down to 3 bars of RC signal at aprox. 5,890ft travel distance where I routinely fly. I removed them and the signal went to full strength. I know I had the RC antenna pointed correctly (according to map coordinance) so I would have to say "nay". I am looking real hard at the DBS antenna mod called NanoSync which is designed exclusively for the Mavic Pro.

Used them on my inspire at one time. Found i would generally get around 10% improvement which i was happy enough with considering the cost (3d printed my own and used some al tape)

Reactions: RAMJET-1
I got some coming to try out, will try and make up a test to see if there is actually any improvement.

They worked on my p4 but from what i.ve seen here and on youtube videos of others testing it for the mavic it doesn.t seem to work on the mavic

Try it and it make less range ...so i dont use it any more

I can understand them working in theory, in practice, with the forces at play I would not think them useful.
Regards,
-d.

I see no need for these, the range of the Mavic exceeds my expectations. I used them on my P3S and they worked but the signal is directional and i'm getting good range from pretty much all directions with my mavic and I don't want my signal to be directional.

I got a set from my local Best Buy store a couple of weeks ago. The finally have the Mavic and some a few accessories in stock. I have tested them five different times at different locations on 2 different days just to rule out erroneous interference issues. I actually had better signal strength without them. With the parabolic extenders on I had gone down to 3 bars of RC signal at aprox. 5,890ft travel distance where I routinely fly. I removed them and the signal went to full strength. I know I had the RC antenna pointed correctly (according to map coordinance) so I would have to say "nay". I am looking real hard at the DBS antenna mod called NanoSync which is designed exclusively for the Mavic Pro.

I'm ashamed to admit it but I've got those nanosync antenna on my work bench but I'm a little nervous to open up the controller. With so many flyways happening not sure I want another thing to worry about. Plus not sure if it voids my DJI refresh policy. They do look cool and much more of a antenna look to them !

I'm ashamed to admit it but I've got those nanosync antenna on my work bench but I'm a little nervous to open up the controller. With so many flyways happening not sure I want another thing to worry about. Plus not sure if it voids my DJI refresh policy. They do look cool and much more of a antenna look to them !
Yes it will, if you do anything to your mavic it will void it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa