DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Parachute system for Mavic?

Why ???

Do you mean as if in it's crashing you can save the Mavic with an emergency parachute? Or do you mean to drop items tethered to a parachute?

Rob

Do you mean as if in it's crashing you can save the Mavic with an emergency parachute? Or do you mean to drop items tethered to a parachute?

Rob
To mitigate risks to people below in case of flight problem during a mission.

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Mavic was flying normally and some glitch caused the parachute system itself to activate, resulting in the parachute getting tangled into the propellers and causing the Mavic to crash onto some people on the ground?

@ Scotto: the only parachute system I know of is one more suited for rocketry/hobby flying.

As from drones: aside from having to identify and locate a proper placement point for the 'parachute package' - you would also need to have some type of method to actually 'deploy' the parachute. And - the methodology of chute deployment would have to be either 'active' or 'passive'.

In your need - it would seem certain that you would want the capability to actively deploy the chute on an "as needed" basis.

Because of the nature and specifics of drone flying is powered and controlled - I would tend to think your specific need may be best addressed through some self made gadgetry and experimentation.

I wish you luck and success if you decide to do that!

Reactions: Scottotheforest
@ Scotto: the only parachute system I know of is one more suited for rocketry/hobby flying.

As from drones: aside from having to identify and locate a proper placement point for the 'parachute package' - you would also need to have some type of method to actually 'deploy' the parachute. And - the methodology of chute deployment would have to be either 'active' or 'passive'.

In your need - it would seem certain that you would want the capability to actively deploy the chute on an "as needed" basis.

Because of the nature and specifics of drone flying is powered and controlled - I would tend to think your specific need may be best addressed through some self made gadgetry and experimentation.

I wish you luck and success if you decide to do that!
Thank you for your thoughts. Hard to imagine one for the Mavic, but the Mavic itself was hard to imagine not so long ago!

Wouldn't it be ironic if the Mavic was flying normally and some glitch caused the parachute system itself to activate, resulting in the parachute getting tangled into the propellers and causing the Mavic to crash onto some people on the ground?
Irony would be the only good part

I have developed this.
Most secure solution is the manual radio trigger. Pilot would need to stop the props before deploying parachute but apart from that its is complete solution.
vectorhelicom

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121