DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Paragliding and A Mavic in the netherlands

martijnvdijk

Reactions
Hello last weekend I made a small movie at the field where I also fly with a paraglider (I'm a licensed pilot)
I own the mavic now for a few weeks (these where flights 12, 13 and 14) and still need to learn operate the gimbal and fly at the same time in action shots.
The movie is edited in iMovie

I hope you like the movie and feed back is welcome.

Awesome Martijn!
Being an ex-paraglider myself (I have flown for more than 10 years with Maurik Paragliding) we have contemplated flying drones to film paragliding flights as well, so I am very impressed to see your results! I see you stayed with the Mavic out of the flight path of the paragliders when being towed (understandibly!), but did you also take special precautions when filming the guy who flew around you? I am guessing this was a very experienced pilot and there was not a lot of other paragliding traffic going on in the same time/airspace, but how did you "meet up" in the air? Kept the mavic stationary and let the paraglider approach it? Any difficulties for the pilot to spot it?
I'd love to read a bit more about your experiences, or come and have a look when your planning to do it again (I live in Dordrecht, so pretty close)
Cheers Joost Krantz

We discussed how we would do this, we decided that I would stand in a spot that was easy to spot (high grass, low grass line) and I would put the mavic straight up at a specific height. Trying keep the front facing him to he could see the red lights. He would make the manoeuvre (flying around) so I only needed to turn in a horizontal way. The pilot and I are both experienced paragliding pilots. There were now other glider in the same area (air space)

We discussed how we would do this, we decided that I would stand in a spot that was easy to spot (high grass, low grass line) and I would put the mavic straight up at a specific height. Trying keep the front facing him to he could see the red lights. He would make the manoeuvre (flying around) so I only needed to turn in a horizontal way. The pilot and I are both experienced paragliding pilots. There were no other glider in the same area (air space)
Sounds like a healthy approach, must have been exciting to do nonetheless! Thanks for your explanation.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute