DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part 107 test passed

Did you use any other material? Can the test be passed by just taking the course? Congrats on the passing as I'm jealous!!

Reactions: Wersh
Congratulations! For a recreational pilot are there any reasons that I would need to take part 107? Does part 107 allow you to fly greater than line of sight legally? Or allow for legal use of DJI goggles for the pilot?

Congratulations! For a recreational pilot are there any reasons that I would need to take part 107? Does part 107 allow you to fly greater than line of sight legally? Or allow for legal use of DJI goggles for the pilot?
The simple reason of being a safer pilot suffices in my mind. The single most beneficial reason for me is the ability to fly in class G airspace (non-towered airport) without notifying ATC or the Airport.
As far as flying POV with the goggles...this is allowed as long as you have a visual observer aka a spotter.

Awesome Congrats..!!!

Welcome to the Club, Lol.

Congratulations! For a recreational pilot are there any reasons that I would need to take part 107?

Not unless you plan to fly for Work/Business/Monetary gain.

Does part 107 allow you to fly greater than line of sight legally?
No.
If anything, when someone becomes part 107 certified you are more exposed.

Or allow for legal use of DJI goggles for the pilot?

According to the FAA, even if you fly recreational you must keep the aircraft in sight (visual line-of-sight).
Getting Started

I get if you are going to fly for compensation, you must have it. But if you fly for recreation you don't. Having it does not make you superior. Wish people knew this. [emoji4]

Congratulations! I have an appointment for tomorrow afternoon.

Took the test this morning... passed with a 93% (missed 4 questions)... thanks to remotepilot101.com... great course...

Congratulations! I also took the remotepilots101 course and passed the first time. Good score 93%! I missed six and got 88%. The ones I missed were all in the Bootcamp videos at the end of the course. I looked at my notes after taking the test and I had written that he said "These questions will be on the test. For sure." They were. Dummy me.

It's been about a month and a half and still no 107 official cert. number from FAA. I Keep checking IACRA and it says "pending."

That"s ok. I hear the FAA is swamped and is taking 2-3 months. At least you get a temporary certificate that you can print. First post. Glad to be here! I have a Mavic Pro and a Chroma CGO3.

Is it posible to take the exam? ...Im in Spain!
Probably not, you have to take it in person at a FAA authorized facility. Just curious, why would you want to? Unless you're planning to come to the USA and get paid to fly, you do not need it.

Just got my license yesterday took three months to get the dang
thing the faa takes their sweet time

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929