DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part behind gimbal broke, can I fix it myself?

If I'm not mistaken, this looks like the piece I just broke. It hold the gimbal to the gimbal plate.

Is your gimbal lose? If so, that will cost $311 from DJI service.

Two hours @ $65
Gimbal replacement @ $181

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

2 hours at $65.00 per hour? I wonder what DJI repairmen make per hope in China?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I just looked and it's broken on mine as well but my photos and videos look fine so I'm not sure it's necessary to send it in... yet ...the vertical piece seems very stiff so if the bottom plate of the gimbal plate was attached; I'm not sure it would flex very much ... can someone whose is not broken take a photo closeup of it attached?

I just looked and it's broken on mine as well but my photos and videos look fine so I'm not sure it's necessary to send it in... yet ...the vertical piece seems very stiff so if the bottom plate of the gimbal plate was attached; I'm not sure it would flex very much ... can someone whose is not broken take a photo closeup of it attached?

Ok, I looked further and it's just the small rear tab that broke off... I wonder if someone can make just the small bracket and some screws to replace it easily?

Ok, I looked further and it's just the small rear tab that broke off... I wonder if someone can make just the small bracket and some screws to replace it easily?

"Replace it easily" is not really an option because the screws are on the inside of the Mav. You have to take the whole body off just to get to the screws.

If I'm not mistaken, this looks like the piece I just broke. It hold the gimbal to the gimbal plate.

Is your gimbal lose? If so, that will cost $311 from DJI service.

Two hours @ $65
Gimbal replacement @ $181

Hi all,

Just wanted to give you guys a heads up. This quote^ is accurate aside from the Gimbal Replacement - $181 includes the gimbal AND THE CAMERA as well. If your camera was functioning properly after you sent it in, make sure they aren't charging you for this. I spoke with support and the re-quoted me less the "cost of the camera" (since this will likely be refurbished) so the price went down to ~$240.

Just a thought. If I was to print this bracket. One could easily mount this replacement using hot glue for quick mounting & would support just fine. Thoughts? I would be willing to send this free to someone who needs one to try it out as well. just pay shipping. Were here to help ;)

Last edited:
It's an interesting idea...I don't know if the 3D part would be as strong as the original piece (is the original tab metal or ?)...though the original part broke...so it's clearly not strong enough :)

The original part is MIM (Metal injection molding), the part that is for sale is a cnc solid aluminum. MIM is better for mass production and CNC is better build quality.

I may have misunderstood. I thought by "printing"...he meant it would be plastic...I am just referring to the actual rear tab not the bigger platform :)

Dynamic 3D,...would the replacement tab be plastic or AL?

I may have misunderstood. I thought by "printing"...he meant it would be plastic...I am just referring to the actual rear tab not the bigger platform :)

Dynamic 3D,...would the replacement tab be plastic or AL?

I was just talking about the small tab.
It would be made from strong material (Polycarbonate, Carbon fiber or PEEK)
I do have metal material but I don't think it would be needed for this item.
My thoughts are that if i had to replace mine I would want it made from something that will get the job done but if I was in a crash would brake before other parts on my camera did.

The original part is MIM (Metal injection molding), the part that is for sale is a cnc solid aluminum. MIM is better for mass production and CNC is better build quality.
What is CNC?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore