DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Part behind gimbal broke, can I fix it myself?

I am also new to drones, have you tried not using the Wi-Fi option ? I used a iPad mini.

There are some lists on here that tell you what phones you can use as some are not compatible, there are a few good guys on here who know what they are talking about, one is msinger and he along with others are very helpful

Trying to grab it is not a good idea, those blades are going really fast

would like to see some of your kiteboarding footage whenever you have some to post here.

I am also new to drones, have you tried not using the Wi-Fi option ? I used a iPad mini.

There are some lists on here that tell you what phones you can use as some are not compatible, there are a few good guys on here who know what they are talking about, one is msinger and he along with others are very helpful

Trying to grab it is not a good idea, those blades are going really fast

would like to see some of your kiteboarding footage whenever you have some to post here.

Haven't done any kiteboarding footage yet but it's going to be a while as my Mavic doesn't arrive at the DJI repair center till tomorrow. Then the fun begins with them!!!

Haven't done any kiteboarding footage yet but it's going to be a while as my Mavic doesn't arrive at the DJI repair center till tomorrow. Then the fun begins with them!!!
I have heard that dji are very quick with repairs hope they are quick with yours, some are saying two weeks turnaround

Thanks for your encouragement. If they don't charge me too much for my repair I may choose to repair it as opposed to getting a replacement which I would think would take a lot longer and could have problems. My unit was working perfectly until I screwed up!

When I ordered the part for mine it took about 3 weeks to arrive, also you have to put into the equation that it may need extra parts once you have it stripped down, just something to keep in mind, I took the chance that it was only the gimbal plate that I needed, they may send you a new unit, it is their option what to do if they consider it a warranty claim.

took some still shots yesterday and the jpg's were ok but the DNG ones were dark at the edges, will have to do a post and see what others think.

View attachment 4360[/QUOTE]
I might have the part. Email me if interested. Its just the bracket, you have to install it yourself. It has been pre-bent and pre-drilled and is alot stronger than the original..

View attachment 4360
Thunder,
If you have the part on the back of the gimbal that several people have reported broken, please let me know. It looks like it would be a fairly straight-forward repair to replace that part.
Thank you!

Just did the repair, not to bad but you have to take it apart.

Be careful using this part, yes it is heavy duty but it will transfer shock to another part may vibration board. Buy original part, it only took 3 days to arrive.

Thunder,
If you have the part on the back of the gimbal that several people have reported broken, please let me know. It looks like it would be a fairly straight-forward repair to replace that part.
Thank you![/QUOTE]

The gimbal attached to the vibration plate, and on the plate there is an L shaped bracket the holds the gimbal in place. Do you know which on you need? A picture would help.

Thunder,
Thank you!

The gimbal attached to the vibration plate, and on the plate there is an L shaped bracket the holds the gimbal in place. Do you know which on you need? A picture would help.

Thunder,
I don't have a problem with the mounting plate, it's the round piece on the back of the gimbal that fits into the slot on the gimbal clamp. Here's a pic that shows the same damage as mine -
Thanks,

Last edited:

Thunder,
I don't have a problem with the mounting plate, it's the round piece on the back of the gimbal that fits into the slot on the gimbal clamp. Here's a pic that shows the same damage as mine -
Thanks,

070831hkf8k3g3wrk3xopk.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I call that piece the roll motor back cover and it breaks when the gimbal clamp is applied improperly, most times at the factory. I do have that part for sale $10 shipped in the USA. You can take out the 2 screws and compare it to the part I just listed on eBay.

DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal Part Auction #2 | eBay

I broke the same piece in a crash. For $311 as someone said I guess it pays to get a new Mavic for $79 under refresh! I wonder how long it will take them to get a new unit to me?

Maybe new, plan on like new. I sent mine in and waiting for cost. I crashed and gimbal went to overheat.

Thunder,
Thanks,

070831hkf8k3g3wrk3xopk.jpg

I call that piece the roll motor back cover and it breaks when the gimbal clamp is applied improperly, most times at the factory. I do have that part for sale $10 shipped in the USA. You can take out the 2 screws and compare it to the part I just listed on eBay.

DJI Mavic Pro Gimbal Part Auction #2 | eBay[/QUOTE]
Rob, that one sold, was that your only one?
Thanks

Reactions: charliesRig
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR