DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Passed The Part 107!!

Just walked in the door after taking and passing the part 107!
Passed on my first try (just barely haha)
Studied for 3 days
And I met a P4P pilot who was taking the test at the same time as I was so we made plans to fly next weekend.
Congratulations I take mine next week

I really struggled with those darn sectional charts.. I must've watched 10 YouTube videos about gps coordinates and I still can't count "tic marks" [emoji25]

Good for you!

You can now look forward to that really cool Airmen Certificate they send you, and all the rights and privileges that go with it!

Reactions: plowboy1065
Congrats. Did you use a system or course etc. to prepare?

@sonof40 no I didn't take a course, buy a book or anything like that.

All I did was take the FAA online course at their safety website, took the practice test at the end and watched YouTube videos on the subject.
It was a risky strategy because I just barely passed but it worked for me. [emoji41]

I also passed first time. Used the course from gleim.com. Cost is $55 and well worth it.

I bought the Remote Pilot 101 course which was well worth it. Then passed the 107 with 90%.

Reactions: frankiez
92% last week... still waiting for my official cert number, I need to apply for an authorization asap - the wait is killing me....

Question - Is there any benefits to a recreational/hobbyist in taking and passing the test - other than validating you have the knowledge-base for operating an sUAS?

Reactions: LMTLESS
To me the only real benefit is having the option to do commercial work with your UAS if that is what you wish to do. For the everyday hobbyist I don't see a real benefit to taking it.

Reactions: mark2
To me the only real benefit is having the option to do commercial work with your UAS if that is what you wish to do. For the everyday hobbyist I don't see a real benefit to taking it.

I'm considering taking part 107 mostly so I can eliminate calls to "airports," most of which seem to be heliports that are rarely if ever used.

Reactions: DavidNDC
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser