DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Passing the time - A poll while we wait - choose delivery date

If you could choose when you receive your Mavic based on a known probability of quality control?

• Receive Mavic tomorrow Oct 19 - Probable QC issue 50%

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Receive Mavic Oct 26 - Probable GC issue 40%

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Receive Mavic Nov 3 - Probable QC issue 30%

Votes: 9 33.3%
  • Receive Mavic Nov 15 - Probable QC issue 20%

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Receive Mavic Nov 23 - Probable QC issue 10%

Votes: 6 22.2%

• Total voters

m0j0

Reactions
I'm curious. With all this talk about when we are going to get our birds versus when they ship a question comes to mind. If you could pick when you received the mavic based on a known quality control probability when would you chose to take receipt. I think I would wait a month or so to get a problem free bird.

Also every release has problems of some sort. What would be an issue that would cause you to return your Mavic for a refund? For me, my biggest pet peeve is gimbal performance and video quality. I put up with P3p cracks and that was a no sale for some but truly I have never thought of getting rid of my P3.. Just want to fix it and keep flying.

Your Thoughts
Darryl

Well I messed the question up but I think you understand

Known probability? Factual likelyhood? Known unknowns?
What do the above statements have in common? ;):rolleyes:

I'm not exactly sure what you are saying. Are you setting up a fictional scenario where if I took it tomorrow I'd have a 50% chance of an issue? Like that would be "fact/certainty" in your scenario? And the longer I wait would reduce the chances of an issue? Again, in your fictional scenario those are "certainties"?

I don't think the Mavic will have any major issues. Its more of an evolution of technology from the P4 rather than a revolution. Almost everything the Mavic has to offer is offered in the P4 which I feel is pretty well sorted. Sure everything has been miniaturized, but I'd pick one up tomorrow if I could (real world)

Looks like the sweet spot is around 70%....

Known probability? Factual likelyhood? Known unknowns?
What do the above statements have in common? ;):rolleyes:
Unknown today... like these issues - weak shell, horizon tilt, soft focus. DJI figured it out later and made adjustments to the design.

So it looks like shipping of the Mavic is delayed because of a QC issue... Firmware..

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wqb3