DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pay it forward and get your Mavic before Christmas

Reactions
I just received an email from Bestbuy that my Mavic has shipped and should be to me shortly. I will sell it for the $999 cost PLUS shipping. To be considered to purchase - post on here what you will do or donate to a worthy cause to pay it forward . Its Christmas time and everyone could use some Christmas Cheer. This is not a scam but an opportunity to do some good for someone else and get your Mavic early! I will make my decision by this friday so start posting!! (this is also on the official MAVIC board on Facebook)

Thanks IMG_5047.PNG

Reactions: EasyV
Can't believe you haven't had a pile of takers (or should that be givers?) lining up to invite a homeless man for Christmas dinner or dress as Santa wrap some toys and head down to the local kids hospice.

Surely that would be better than spending an extra 500 bucks for on on EBay?

I'm in the UK and fully back your effort Jeffrey. Hope someone needy benefits from your gesture.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

orders are filling at higher rates every day. Gone from moving forward one day in catch up per week to multiple days being shipped in a day. All channels. Apple as well. Pulling in store pick up dates six weeks now from what is showing on the web.

I do not have a Mavic yet, still on order. Last Saturday morning I was flying my Phantom 4 at the park, a guy walked over to me as I was landing the P4. He asked "how much does one of those bad boys costs?". I said now that a newer version of this drone has been released you can probably put your hands on one of these for around $1,200. If you want the P3 Professional you can get it for less than that.
Turns out the guy works at a non profit organization, he is a teacher, he was asking questions because he wants to get one to teach kids in his classroom.
I am not a rich guy or anything like that, my intent was to sell my P3P to buy the P4 PRO, but after talking to the guy I may just donate it to his classroom so that kids can learn. I did get the guy's phone number and will contact the school where he works.
It is Christmas, I am not looking to get anything in return. Maybe one day I will get my reward in another world.

Last edited:
Ok guys it's here ! I'll be making my decision within the next day- if you are interested in purchasing it for cost - show me how you are donating to a worthy cause or helping out someone less fortunate -
406acd3a4bfc8d96188a07eb1adbcde9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I live in Cabo San Lucas, MX. This year, on Christmas Day, we will go about 1 hour north of hear to a town called Miraflores. This is a very small town with a lot of great families, but also a lot of very poor families. All year, we have been buying toys and clothing whenever we see a great deal. Christmas morning we will show up and give it to all the children there. It is an amazingly good time, and it is so fun to watch how fast the words gets out to every kid in town and how fast they come from every direction.

Reactions: HeliFreak
Just curious to know what happened with the "Magic before Christmas without gouging"? Great idea and interesting thread. I haven't checked the Facebook Mavic page. I of course would love a Mavic before Christmas as my son has his heart set on it but refuse to pay $500or more extra when they will be readily available in January 2017. I can't think of another organization to join but I will stay active with Masonic/Shrine to help the crippled and burned children as I know for fact that 100% of the charitable donations go for the cause.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54