DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Permission in London Ontario to fly Today ONLY

Reactions
I have permission to fly at Delaware Raceway in West London. They have a huge field beside the race track.
All Drones Welcome. Please park on gravel only, not on the grass. Again, I don't need to say....Nothing above 90M and 500M out. No flying over the race track. You can fly parallel to it if you want the shot. These Guys at Delaware Raceway are extremely generous to do this.

Will be meeting there for 12:00 noon

Well, that is amazing giving you guys there access like that in such a event.
Can't wait for the vids.....thanks.

Im not near any airports
Actually you are. Warren Field. It is within 9 km of the track.
Call the airport field manager. 519-870-9237.
It's a recreational field with small planes taking off every day.
Just call them to let them know and they will be happy you called.
Happy flying!

So if you call the airports can you fly or is it just illegal to fly within the 9 km radius

It sounds great. I would love to film cars racing down a quarter mile but we all should do our own due diligence. The owner of a property can give you permission to fly but you still have to follow other rules. I wouldn't post these videos. I found a great app at the App Store for free called "No FlyZone". I took a snapshot of the app's 9 km no fly zone near warren field airports and a google snapshot of exactly where Delaware speedway is as you will see. And it is just inside the 9km of Warren Field airport. We gotta protect our drone brothers and sisters. I don't wanna see anyone have to deal with a potential $3000 ticket and maybe if we show TransCanada we can be safe drone enthusiasts then maybe transcanada will be more lenient or flexible on the other drone laws. I would suggest everyone get the app

4e3ae075d347bd8a861408a5814e86ec.jpg

91c07b970da7edbad3a1d45968db6c5c.jpg

f6821955aa3712584cda60e2e01f597d.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bluesbruno and Zoso
Nice job , thanks ! Looks like London and surrounding areas are NFZ . No worries , many great scenic destinations to fly just beyond the NFZ areas.

Not very many fly zones around london. Some of these air ports or helipads are not used very much if at all but this is our Canadian laws. All we can do is voice our option to our MP or sign that petition and tell them these laws are killing this hobby

Personally I feel the decision has been made by government. I rather not fly in heavily populated areas for the attention it draws and the liability of possible damage or injury to someone or something.

Actually I use AirMap which does the same thing but also if you click where you would like to fly in a restricted zone the app displays a number you can call to request permission. Provided your intentions are to fly safe they will in all likelihood grant permission and are grateful to be informed. This seems to be the case in Brantford area

Actually I use AirMap which does the same thing but also if you click where you would like to fly in a restricted zone the app displays a number you can call to request permission. Provided your intentions are to fly safe they will in all likelihood grant permission and are grateful to be informed. This seems to be the case in Brantford area

Give it a try and please post your results. That would be cool considering most city area will be NFZ .

Give it a try and please post your results. That would be cool considering most city area will be NFZ .
Actually I did call to inquire about a course for "Drone Pilots" as the first step to obtaining SFOC status. Spoke with Heather, she is one of two staff members handling these requests. Very pleasant and said they welcome such requests as they like to know at all times the airspace that is being used. The course is I think 25 hours in total, with 3 hour sessions held once a week. The cost is $250. I am on waiting list until they have enough students for next session.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929