DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phantom 4 and mavic.

Anthonyk

Reactions
So my son has a phantom 4. He came over tonight for the first time since I got my mavic. And I will say the phantom is a awesome bird. It was a blast in sport mode. But he uses android and while I was flying it I experienced three separate app crash events. Although I didn't panic at all it still was a hassle to have to reboot the app. I have never had this issue with my mavic using apple products. He flew my mavic without a single hiccup and now says he will be getting a iPad mini to use. He also said he loved the stability of the mavic but he wasn't comfortable flying in sport mode due to the quick response of the input. All in all we had a blast flying together. And we both love our drones.

Reactions: RAMJET-1
Awesome. It's probably a problem with either just his phone or the app needs a patch. Anyway DJI being the company that it is, if it's not isolated it will hopefully be fixed soon! :)

Reactions: Anthonyk
I am an android user and used the Shield with my previous Phantoms and it worked fantastically. SInce going to Go 4... I have not had a great deal of time with the shield but I have noted issues with it. It sometimes won't connect and it does drop occasionally. So I won't be using the shield and would not recommend android.

So my son has a phantom 4. He came over tonight for the first time since I got my mavic. And I will say the phantom is a awesome bird. It was a blast in sport mode. But he uses android and while I was flying it I experienced three separate app crash events. Although I didn't panic at all it still was a hassle to have to reboot the app. I have never had this issue with my mavic using apple products. He flew my mavic without a single hiccup and now says he will be getting a iPad mini to use. He also said he loved the stability of the mavic but he wasn't comfortable flying in sport mode due to the quick response of the input. All in all we had a blast flying together. And we both love our drones.

I share this sport/hobby/fun with two of my grown sons and I love it! We are all on iOS (Apple) and no hitches.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thefons82