DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone (DJI Go 4 app) won't connect to controller after firmware update

rkruiz

Reactions
DJI GO 4 app was connecting to controller and Mavic Pro without issue before firmware upgrade. Now I can't connect.

DJI Assistant 2 says updates complete for controller and Mavic Pro.

I uninstalled and reinstalled DJI GO 4 app.

I connected with wifi.

I tried different sequences of power up and connects - no success.

The only thing I can think of now is to go back to prior firmware for Mavic Pro and controller unless anyone has a solution.

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using MavicPilots mobile app

Using the latest version of the app and firmware, I'm not having any issues with my drone, the firmware, or the software. How about a video to show what you're doing and seeing. It will give me a better idea on diagnosing your issue.

Downgrading and then upgrading did not correct problem.

I am updating firmware by connecting PC to drone via micro usb and also the controller directly to the PC after the drone.

I did get this error "check app" "mag interf." I moved away from the PC and the error message went away.

I still can't connect phone & DJI GO 4 app.

I did get this message from DJI Assistant 2:

"Please reconnect the usb cable if the Assistant cannot reach the drone for 5 minutes after drone rebooting."

This is after doing a successful firmware update with the drone connected directly to PC. I also get a little red circle with a diagonal bar - like a "dont" do something.

I don't understand this message?

I usually do the firmware update from the DJI Go 4 app. I have the device connected to the RC and the Mavic powered on. The update went smoothly and reconnected to each other afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I don't even remember how I did the first update try. It seems so long ago now. But after first try which I don't think was successful I could not get the phone (Note 5) app DJI GO 4 to connect with the controller/MP. Thus, I could not use the app for the upgrade. I connected the drone directly via micro usb and then the controller. DJI Assistant 2 indicated firmware update was successful. I also tried a different micro cable to connect the phone and controller. No luck.

I tried the real ink button. It turned red. No connection. When I restarted the battery the link turned back to green.
But, because I am not connected to DJI GO 4 app, as it won't connect, I could not follow the linking instructions in the user manual. So still no luck.

Good try though

I am able to connect old Galaxy Note 4 to controller using the standard usb port at bottom of controller.

I am still not able to connect to controller with Note 5.

I was able to connect with Note 5 before firmware upgrade. I uninstalled app, restarted phone, and reinstalled DJI GO 4. No luck.

I have tried several cables on my Note 5. No luck yet.

I just updated my firmware and I am experiencing the same problems. I have an iPhone. I was able to connect the goapp through wifi but when its not on wifi it will not connect through the controller. I have also uninstalled the go app without luck. Still just says disconnected.

After 2 months finally have my MAVIC. Now only disappointment as the RC will not connect to IOS. Tried different cable and a 6 and 7 iPhone. So frustrating. Any ideas please guys?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Weidy
My issue isn't the controller connecting to the craft. I will control the craft, just shows disconnected on the go app on my phone and does not show any live streams.

Exact same issue here - app connects to controller fine, but no live FPV feed to screen.
I found that if I start the system up with no memory card inserted I sometimes get a feed. I then insert memory card after startup and sometimes it keeps the feed, sometimes it loses it within seconds.

I have now stopped using my iPhone with the Mavic and use my iPad Mini instead - never had any FPV feed issues whatsoever with the iPad.......

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000