DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phone or Tablet?

RavenStorm

Reactions
So I have asked this in other posts but guess it gets lost so gonna ask in a new thread.

I just got my Mavic, (on vacation, gift from DAD for Birthday) I used my Phone the very first time to set it up but realized it would kill the battery fairly fast, I tried to use my IPad Mini but found that being the first Mini it would not support the DJI Go4 app.. SO I when I got home from my trip I went to Best Buy to buy the next IPad, well they no longer sell the 32GB but only the 124GB and I didn't feel like spending the extra 100$ so I left, looked online and from reviews saw that many people liked the galaxy tab better, and a few YouTube reviews said same thing, then found it was a few hundred less so I bought the Galaxy Tab A7 .. but now I am thinking I made a mistake.

the Tab seems to lag a good bit, the video looses connection yet i still see the HUD and all the data.. so question is did I screw up with getting the Galaxy or would I have the same issues with the IPad ?? talking to a flying friend he says its the APP and that DJI has over powered the APP and it would do this regardless the platform.

Thoughts?

ps. I used my phone the other day due to needing the Internet and it was very smooth and never lost pic, its a Galaxy S6.

I just got the new iPad 5th Gen (32GB) and can tell you that after flying with it 4 times so far I am completely happy with it. No lags or communication issues. I am running the latest DJI Go app, but my Mavic hasn't had the latest firmware update due to the problems I hear people are having.

I had some minor issues with my iPhone 6 , mostly an incredibly quick battery drain. I switched to my iPad air2 and never looked back. The iPad runs flawlessly (even with the recent update) thus far, battery does not drain , no app errors and of course the visual with such a larger screen is awesome.

I use my iPhone 6 Plus with no log issues and the battery keep up till the end of my fly time so I am happy so far. Didn't need the feel to swap for anything else. Alternatively I could use my iPad Pro but didn't yet. I think it would be too big. Mavic made for iPhone so I think it was not the best choose to by an android tab for it although it should run on both system well.

I have an iPad mini 2nd gen that works really well. I've found if I turn off the Bluetooth and wifi that saves the battery quite a bit. iPad battery lasts through all 3 batteries for the Fly More package.

so I am thinking I need to go ahead and break down and get the IPad Mini 2 or up. will do an in depth test tomorrow and make my decision. thanks for the replies everyone.

so I am thinking I need to go ahead and break down and get the IPad Mini 2 or up. will do an in depth test tomorrow and make my decision. thanks for the replies everyone.
You may think about getting an ipad 4 instead. They are really coming down in price and apple will support the 4 a lot longer than the 2. Amazon has some used ones for around $250 I just ordered one from gamestop for $200 it was the 16 gb wifi only but def cheaper and almost on par with the price of an android tablet.

Iphone 6s plus here and no battery issues but i do only get about 5 flights per charge but never had issue keeping it charged up cuz i always have at least a powerbank on hand .

The only android i would consider would be the invidia shield tablet soley because it has an hdmi port that can be used with any hdmi goggles . Obviously with the release of dji goggles this setup is near obsolete unless you already own some of the components etc etc

True tho most all apple device run best with dji products especially the mavic pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61