DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phones and tablets that work well with DJI GO

I've used my Amazon Fire Phone (32GB) without issues in normal weather. It also fits the RC clamps perfectly; however, the unit was not as reliable in extreme cold (~23 degrees F pre wind chill).

This could have been LTE interference, but I brought another Fire Phone (LTE) next to the RC and it lost connection and the app crashed and/or the phone rebooted. I was shooting on the DSLR and the other Fire Phone, so a lot was going on.

Anyway, the app showed disconnected, but did not RTH. I rebooted the RC and Phone and was able to eventually take control even though the app showed disconnected (strange), but I was able to hand catch/land.

I rebooted the RC, Quad, and Phone and it was never able to connect again. So, that is why I suspect the cold.

Been flying in 30-60 degrees F without issues though.

OS Amazon Fire OS newest available
Chipset Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
CPU Quad-core 2.2 GHz Krait 400
GPU Adreno 330
Internal 32/64 GB, 2 GB RAM

Since I have a Window's Phone, I bought a refurbished iPad Mini 2 on eBay for about $220 to use with the Mavic. It fits in the holder arms and works great. Even if you have a phone that will work, the larger screen is worth it.

I had major problems with my Google Pixel XL and the Mavic fresh out of the box. So frustrating, I had to rant for a few minutes and just put it down. What would happen, is with the DJI Go 4 app (Go app was worse, crashed instantly, every time), when first connected, it would loop between "logging in to DJI" and "connect to camera" screen. I eventually had to kill the app. Restarting and resetting the phone did nothing.

What resolved it for me, was registering with DJI from my computer. Then I connected up an old iPhone 6s and updated firmware and was able to fly. That worked flawlessly. Then, I opened up the DJI Go 4 app on my Pixel XL, logged in, THEN connected to the controller, which worked. The Go 4 app still crashes every once in a while, but immediately re-open's fine.

Not sure why some Pixel XL's work great and others don't but I'm sure I am not the only anomaly. Just received January security patch from Verizon. If anyone is having the same issues, try opening the Go 4 app before connecting, sign in and then connect to controller. I was contemplating returning the Mavic or buying an iPhone 7 Plus until I remembered my old device. Best of luck!

I can confirm a OnePlus One works flawlessly with the DJI GO 4 app and the remote controller.

I have a oneplus 3, no issues yet. If I had to complain about something it would be short battery life, but I knew that before getting the phone.

Lenovo Tab3 A7-10F 7" works ok but is on the slow side. The menus sometimes take 1s to load and the option sliders takes several tries before it registers. Sometimes the video feed gets blocky and laggy for a few seconds.
Note the tablet is too thick to fit the RC, you can only barely fit the edges of it.

Huawei Honor 7 lite 5.2" works great and is my main device.

Good to hear, I consider getting a Nexus 7 (2013).
They are excellent, largish and super bright for outdoors and can be picked up cheaply on eBay. Runs both Go4 and Litchi, easily swaps between them, and I've never had an issue. Plus the android updates keep coming for it too. Simply awesome.

So far I've tried a Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 SE (Android 6.01,2Gb,16Gb) which works well running Go 4, an
Asus 'Max' (ZC550KL) (Android 6.01, 2Gb, 16Gb and a 5000mah battery) which also runs Go 4 well, and a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 (Android 5.1, 1.5Gb, 8Gb) which won't run Go 4 but will manage Go 3.1.1 if you ensure that all background apps are closed before connecting. Even then it appears to suffer from some lag (~0.5s) in the video feed.
Today's DJI announcement that Go 3 will no longer be supported probably means that the Tab A 7 may soon become useless for DJI pilots.

I'm using a 9.7 ipad pro with a ReadyAction Office harness. tablet weight not transferred to controller. Easy tilt/lock of iPad at any desired angle. works for a variety of tablets.

Been using my iPhone 7 and the DJI Go 4 app and no issues so far. I have noticed that the new bright screen is a huge improvement for using it outside.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I run a Note5 and it works just fine. I tried a Samsung Tab A 8" (SM-T350) and Go4 installs fine, however when you plug the tablet into the controller it does not connect. It seems as though it is cycling very quicky. MTP and Dev Mode are both enabled. I gave up on the tablet which would have been perfect as it fits into the controller really nicely.

So which Samsung Tab will work? I can use DJI GO 3 and no problems on a TAB 3/4, if I try the DJI GO 4 then I get HD siganl loss and the HD meter blinks on and off and the Live stream is gargled on a TAB 3 and TAB 4. Looking to use a Galaxy Tab device if possible.

I have a Tab 4 and a 8.4 Pro. The 4 didn't work great - lots of jittery video and lag. The 8.4 Pro works perfectly! No lag, very stable, and great size... I can finally SEE what I'm filming!!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji