DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phones and tablets that work well with DJI GO

I have an Huawei Honor 8 and i have connection problem with it, i know it,s not in the mavic compatible list, but i,ve just received my mavic and i didn,t even imagine that there were a list.... searching in this forum i found this post after mine with the developer mode and the usb debbuning mode on but it wasn,t sucessefull for me... the strange part is that the two times i tried with one of the batteris in it, it worked.... wasn.t it supposed to worked with all cellphones? do i have to buy an Ipad mini 4? bahhhhh.....

Just noticed Samsung S7 is now OK. Is that new? Have they confirmed the S7 is now OK? Any experience out there with the S7? I have an S7 but no Mavic (still waiting) to try this out.
I have a samsung galaxy edge 7 no problems in 10 flights

I have an Huawei Honor 8 and i have connection problem with it, i know it,s not in the mavic compatible list, but i,ve just received my mavic and i didn,t even imagine that there were a list.... searching in this forum i found this post after mine with the developer mode and the usb debbuning mode on but it wasn,t sucessefull for me... the strange part is that the two times i tried with one of the batteris in it, it worked.... wasn.t it supposed to worked with all cellphones? do i have to buy an Ipad mini 4? bahhhhh.....
Google how you get into Developer mode. And enable usb debugging!

I would think with 4 gb ram it would work.. I am using my samsung galaxy edge 7 only as the phone to control my mavic. Nothing else no phone service nothing. use my samsung galaxy 5 as my regular phone

Good news! Since i just put in developer mode and disconnected the Wi-Fi and the mobel internet i was able to fly it with no problems =) so i can say that Honor 8 passed the test =) thank you Fredbjor for your indications =) now the controller is 100% off the Times connected with no issues and with excellent connection... Very helpfull from you guys =) best regards from Portugal ;)

Reactions: fredbjor
DJ I support just told me today S7 Edge is not compatible.

I don't know why S7 is compatible and the S7 Edge is not. But I've been flying with the S7 Edge and I can tell it's not 100% reliable indeed.
Disconnects suddenly with no reason. Sometimes I have to bring the bird back manualy and shut down everything, including the app, then restart everything.
It's annoying. :(

I don't know why S7 is compatible and the S7 Edge is not. But I've been flying with the S7 Edge and I can tell it's not 100% reliable indeed.
Disconnects suddenly with no reason. Sometimes I have to bring the bird back manualy and shut down everything, including the app, then restart everything.
I have not had any problems with Edge 7 but now I will be much more careful. Thanks Never had a disconnect but have not flown more than 1/2 mile away in neighborhood.

Galaxy Note 4 (Marshmallow) and Nubio Z9 Max (Lollipop). Both work well with DJI-Go4 and Litchi.

Mine works well. It could be because mines in developer mode. You could put it in developer mode by tapping a bunch of times on the version or build of your phone in the about section of settings

You could put it in developer mode by tapping a bunch of times on the version

I do this in every new Android device. Even when it's not mine! ;)
Unfortunately I don't think it's working for this purpose so far.

Android 4.4.2 kit kat .it says dji go 4 app is incompatible is there a way around this or have to change tablets

An update on using the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 7 (2016) with the Mavic.
Yeah, well with the Go 4 4.05 update the Galaxy Tab A 7 became completely useless...another gift for the grandkids.
I have though found an affordable alternative, the FNF ifive Mini 4s which works well with Go 4 4.05 and the Mavic.
With Android 6.01, 2gb RAM, 32gb ROM and an 8in 2048x1536 screen it's great value (~ $120).
Review: iFive Mini 4S Review / RePad 8 Review Online - TechTablets
As delivered mine didn't include Google Play, but that's fixed using the update linked in the review.

Zenpad 8 Z380KNL doesn't fit into the transmitter bracket :-(

The video is great though, no lags.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twistedpair