DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phones and tablets that work well with DJI GO

Hello everyone, I'm a newby with these drones ans the Mavic pro is my first Drone. Im' trying my 2nd Mavic now, the 1st one I sent back because I droped the remote and broke the left stick. Amazon refunded all 1400 plus dollars.
I ordered another one. received it on Thursday. been playin around with and just decided to look for some help.

I'm having the same issues with several different tablets and phones....HD issues, after reading many many post as well as following you tube, I'm going with the NVIDIA-SHIELD K1 8"-16G Tablet from Best Buys 220.00, plus it has the mini HDMI port for transferring movies to your tv etc. Thats much cheaper than purchasing a new phone. Should be arriving tomorrow.....

Hello everyone, I'm a newby with these drones ans the Mavic pro is my first Drone. Im' trying my 2nd Mavic now, the 1st one I sent back because I droped the remote and broke the left stick. Amazon refunded all 1400 plus dollars.
I ordered another one. received it on Thursday. been playin around with and just decided to look for some help.

I'm having the same issues with several different tablets and phones....HD issues, after reading many many post as well as following you tube, I'm going with the NVIDIA-SHIELD K1 8"-16G Tablet from Best Buys 220.00, plus it has the mini HDMI port for transferring movies to your tv etc. Thats much cheaper than purchasing a new phone. Should be arriving tomorrow.....

still an android product. I wouldn't touch android with this drone situation. Read here for a couple weeks and you'll see that the stable most highest performance you can get is with the apps and the ipads that run Apple iOS. Not saying they are better, but they are right now. The DJI programmers that are writing Apple code, seem to have done it much better. Android has far too many mistakes for my liking.

I run a K1 Shield.

Do not update the system. If it is on Marshmallow 6.0.1. leave it alone and ignore the update nag notification. I updated to Nougat and had nothing but issues and had to flash it back which is a big pain.

Your flight TXT flight records do not become available in the DJI/DJI.Go.4/FlightRecord folder until you power the tablet off. You would only need these files if you want to upload them to airdata or a similar type service. I never rebooted my tablet and simply couldn't find them. I read somewhere to try powering it off and poof, there are the text files.

Since rolling back to 6.0.1. I have had no app crashes or any issues whatsoever in at least 15 flights/several hours flight time.

Reactions: BigMotor
I run a K1 Shield.

Do not update the system. If it is on Marshmallow 6.0.1. leave it alone and ignore the update nag notification. I updated to Nougat and had nothing but issues and had to flash it back which is a big pain.

Your flight TXT flight records do not become available in the DJI/DJI.Go.4/FlightRecord folder until you power the tablet off. You would only need these files if you want to upload them to airdata or a similar type service. I never rebooted my tablet and simply couldn't find them. I read somewhere to try powering it off and poof, there are the text files.

Since rolling back to 6.0.1. I have had no app crashes or any issues whatsoever in at least 15 flights/several hours flight time.

Thanks for your input, I'm not an ios person, pure android, I will sell this Mavic pro if I can't get it to work on Android. I think I can by pass the update notification no problem.....will report back after testing the Shield.

I have an S7 Edge that's been upgraded to 7.0 and I've had the DJI Go 4 app crash on me several times. I was able to take over via the controller and then just relaunch the app and everything was fine.

I did notice that the controller was charging my phone, so based on that I went in and check and I did NOT have USB debugging enabled. So if we ever get decent weather around here again I will head back out and test out the change.

I did also notice some screen tearing that I didn't like and hope that making the USB debugging change might clean that up.

I do think I would like to get a larger screen and am currently trying to decide between the Nexus 7 2013 Tablet and the Nvidia Shield K1. Would probably try to do an S clip configuration because I like having both displays available and that looks the easiest to manage. Although I would like an anchoring point for a neckstrap right above the tablet (and below the controller).

I just saw this
841b8e3d2f889d18b251f3427a69992c.jpg
look at the first phone by android- apparently the s7 edge is now compatible

I am planning to buy s7, because my j5 2016 does not recognize dji go4 app.
But I've seen thisCapture.JPG
Looks like I still decide to s5 or Note3, it seems like a better and cheaper solution

still an android product. I wouldn't touch android with this drone situation. Read here for a couple weeks and you'll see that the stable most highest performance you can get is with the apps and the ipads that run Apple iOS. Not saying they are better, but they are right now. The DJI programmers that are writing Apple code, seem to have done it much better. Android has far too many mistakes for my liking.

That's a sweeping generalisation. With android, it's true to say that you have to be picky and do your research before you get the device. But if you do get the right one, all will be fine. I've run with a Sony Xperia Z3 most of the time with zero problems.

Moto X play performs not good enough. Video issues, lags, minor issues

Wow, I have read all the posts and I am concerned. I have ordered a Mavic Pro and awaiting delivery. My phones are the S7 edge and Note 5. I was hoping to use the Note 5 as it is my secondary device. It seems that some works and some don't. I'll test it and if I see any glitches I'll give feedback on that. Seems like a safe option to get an iOS device for the Mavic.

Wow, I have read all the posts and I am concerned. I have ordered a Mavic Pro and awaiting delivery. My phones are the S7 edge and Note 5. I was hoping to use the Note 5 as it is my secondary device. It seems that some works and some don't. I'll test it and if I see any glitches I'll give feedback on that. Seems like a safe option to get an iOS device for the Mavic.

I have a s7 and it worked 3 flights very well, you have to make sure u get the best of your phone i think, close all apps, flight etc etc

Note II rooted to 6.0.1 works fine except for the live video feed. It's really disappointing as a I don't want to buy a new phone. There must be a way to fix it but no luck yet. Have also tried 7.1 on the same phone - same result.

I have used Samsung s7 edge.. Acer iconia 1... and recently bought the IPad mini 4 to try. All work great no issues.. Acer at less than $100 is the best value. only reason I am trying the IPad is in trying to find the best tablet can actually see the screen during mid day. They all suck. The app shows up fine but I can't see my flight screen unless I turn iso to 200 or higher.. then of course it effects my video.. i still need to mess around with the settings to see if I can maximize brightness of what the mavic is seeing and still have good videos. Next will be experimenting with hoods.

Since day 1 I fly with Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Pro 3GB Ram, 32GB Rom. Has 1080p 5,5" monitor and fits great on controller. I prefer this than my iPad Mini 4. The phone is on MIUI 8 and Android 6.01

I have a s7 and it worked 3 flights very well, you have to make sure u get the best of your phone i think, close all apps, flight etc etc

I went ahead and bought an iPhone 6 Plus because I have come the conclusion that it would be a safer option than android at this stage and because it's my first drone and I still have to learn to fly. I don't want to risk crashing or losing the drone because of an unstable app. If the android app is fixed and I am convinced I'll give the Note 5 or S7 edge a go. The iPhone would be dedicated to the Mavic.

Reactions: Glen e
I have the S7 edge now on 7.0 and Go4. Random app crashes (3x in one flight). Needless to say I will be performing a OS downgrade soon. I was flying via camera and could not see my drone. Scary feeling. I hit the pause immediately and relaunched the app. Connects fine and video feed comes back live but still scary as ****. RTH was still saved because as soon as the first time it happened, I called her back. Came back like a happy little puppy.

I also have the Note 10.1 2014 and it kinda sorta works. Mines rooted so I have free reign over a lot of things (google maps, locked/forced rotation, etc) but I'm having video transmission errors like screen tearing and freezes. I thought this was powerful enough but I might be mistaken. I will test with out the forced portrait mode to see if the was the reason for the horrible video feed. I have a feeling that it could have been the culprit.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143