DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photo Resolution

Kai Mele

Reactions
is the resolution of a still photo better if downloaded from the SD card to a PC and then transferred to an iPhone than if taken directly from the DJI GO app on the iPhone to the phone's camera roll?

You can transfer the full resolution still right from the DJI GO 4 App. Click Editor > Album > Photos and select a photo. Click > Download Original Photo (5.3M)

You can transfer it to your camera roll from there. Of course, your Mavic has to be on and connected for this to work.

You can transfer the full resolution still right from the DJI GO 4 App. Click Editor > Album > Photos and select a photo. Click > Download Original Photo (5.3M)

You can transfer it to your camera roll from there. Of course, your Mavic has to be on and connected for this to work.
Yes, I've done that but wondered whether the res would be better if downloaded from the card via computer. Sounds like you are saying both methods of transfer would result in the same res.

The reason I ask is because I find the photos from my Mavic not so crisp. Perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree...maybe it's my camera's settings I should be scrutinizing?

Yes, this method transfers the original file, so I would be looking at settings. You could turn on the option to capture JPG+RAW, you'll have to transfer those from the card to a PC, put the raw images will give you a lot more to work with in post.

Reactions: Kai Mele
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS