DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photos aren't crisp

kcoleman805

Reactions
Today I got a few photos printed from some drone shots. Overall from a distance they look pretty good, but when you get closer they aren't crisp at all. Tress and bushes run together, and things aren't crisp. How do I change this? Does shooting in RAW help with that? What settings should I use to help with making photos more crisp and beautiful? What settings do you have under style?
921749432f44cf705a983a4a26e63ca6.jpg
578144d200e40993674b8fd85dda1226.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

How about uploading the digital photos of the drone? Printed photos can never be gauged easily.

RAW doesn't appreciably help. My 12mp compact's photos look better than Mavic's. That's vague, but the only way I can express it.

Sorry, here are the images.

Attachments

• IMG_3889.jpg
    IMG_3889.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 96
  • IMG_3949.jpg
    IMG_3949.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 87
Up close those photos look somewhat like watercolor/oil paintings.
Does RAW give the same result?
I only own a Phantom 3 and I also have issues with trees and bushes getting overly compressed I video but not oil painting like.

Up close those photos look somewhat like watercolor/oil paintings.
Does RAW give the same result?
I only own a Phantom 3 and I also have issues with trees and bushes getting overly compressed I video but not oil painting like.

You need filters to fix that. The shutter speed is too high in these cases.

The JPEGs from the Mavic are crap. RAW is a whole new level in comparison (even with this small sensor). You have to deal with more obvious warm spot (/color vignette), but detail is great and the effort worth it - my .02.

I can show examples as soon as being back home from work.

Looks alright to me! Shoot in RAW, then use Lightroom from some post production. You can up the sharpening and clarity there.

Raw will help - esp when you sharpen for the actual display or print size.

But face it, the money spent on this camera isn't invested in the sensor.

Looks alright to me! Shoot in RAW, then use Lightroom from some post production. You can up the sharpening and clarity there.
Shouldn't have to repair the photos to make them usable. I'm not impressed so far with he camera with lack of auto focus and all.

I've read somewhere that the mavic does have autofocus now,but it only works when you are recording. New to the mavic haven't even been outside with it yet so I might have miss read it.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty