DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Photos out of focus

Reactions
Hi guys

Took my Mavic up yesterday for a series of videos and panos.

When I loaded them onto my computer, the videos were fine but 33 out of 34 of my panos were way out of focus and unusable.

As this was a pano created by Litchi App, maybe I need to ask on their forums but thought I'd ask here first.

1. Why were my photos blurry?

2. If I need to manually focus, how come 1 of the photos was in focus without any user input?

Attachments

• photo-blur.jpg
    photo-blur.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 103
Not sure, is this every Picture? Also I have 1 question when you take a picture the quality on the phone or tablet looks terrible compared when your are recording live 4K? It's like hard to see if the picture is good quality or not? Or is this normal

Every photo in the series of 34 separate photo are blurry except one random photo in the middle of the sequence.

Re your question - I'm not sure to be honest. I think you might get an answer if you start a new thread. I haven't done much filming yet.

I think you've to do a manual focus for every photo

Last edited:
Its a problem with litchi. In waypoint mode and orbit mode my pics and vids are **** and focus is hit and miss. Ive tried auto, Manuel alsorts. Sometimes when manual focus you can watch it focus then straight away it goes all out of focus again. No problems in FPV mode.

Reactions: Wingo
I find if I focus once after I start flying in Waypoint (or just before I start a mission) the focus is good but if I forget it's not. You have to focus.

I was just experiencing this very problem the past few weeks. Video comes out clear and sharp but photos were out of focus.

If you haven't sorted it out yet, try this it worked for me.

Warning, you are going to have to format your SD card in this process. So if you have video you want, move it first.

As per DJI support:

1.Start up the mavic, connect remote and fire up dji go app.
2. Go into camera settings.
3. Select format sd card.
4. Select reset camera settings.
5. Do gimbal calibration.

All should be good after that.

Every photo in the series of 34 separate photo are blurry except one random photo in the middle of the sequence.

Re your question - I'm not sure to be honest. I think you might get an answer if you start a new thread. I haven't done much filming yet.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS