DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Picking up fastfood with mavic pro

Is this fake or not fake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some blokes in Australia did this. The guy flew his drone to a hardware store to pick-up a sausage snag. The video was posted on social media and went viral. The Civil Aviation Authority (CASA) saw the video and threatened to fine up to $9,000 AUD. He ended up getting off with a $500 fine which was funded by a public go fund me page.

Drone used to buy Bunnings snag | Video

Reactions: jenko08
There are such that do not. I'm not the OP but rather than assume, how about you ask?

Given that the OP already admitted to breaking the rules regarding LOS (which are also part of the safety guidelines rather than codified as a regulation specifically), it seemed a moot point.

Reactions: Drone Master
Given that the OP already admitted to breaking the rules regarding LOS (which are also part of the safety guidelines rather than codified as a regulation specifically), it seemed a moot point.
i admitted to not having sight of drone,which is a given from the video

I break that rule on every flight. I didn't buy this thing to hover over my property. I bought it to cruise around at 300 feet up and 3000 feet out.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
Naturally, most of you do:confused:!

At the risk of going down an even deeper rabbit hole, isn't the AMA trying to distance itself from multi-rotors? I remember reading accounts of AMA blaming the new regs on us. That's probably rightfully deserved, as I'm sure a fixed wing (or even helicopter) that is gas-engine driven is probably not going to be used with cameras to spy on neighbors. Assuming that AMA is really field-based flying at various club sites, with coordinated events, doesn't it stand to reason that their guidelines are expressly against flying over people?

Maybe I'm looking at this all wrong, but the fixed-wing model aircraft that I witnessed at my local RC club years ago would make minced meat out of whatever they hit. They're larger, heavier, faster, more unwieldy, and usually have much more powerful motors and props. Just saying that if the AMA isn't fond of M/R platforms, then why should our smaller, lighter, slower, more nimble, air frames with less powerful motors and plastic props, be held to the same 'guidelines'... at least with regard to overflight of people?

Reactions: Rygar
why should our smaller, lighter, slower, more nimble, air frames with less powerful motors and plastic props, be held to the same 'guidelines'... at least with regard to overflight of people?

I can tell you right now that the majority of the planes flown by the local AMA club here are much lighter than a Phantom. Further, if you have an engine cut-out on a fixed wing, it can glide for a distance that may prevent an injury. If you have an engine cut out on a drone, it's going down with no control whatsoever.

I can tell you right now that the majority of the planes flown by the local AMA club here are much lighter than a Phantom. Further, if you have an engine cut-out on a fixed wing, it can glide for a distance that may prevent an injury. If you have an engine cut out on a drone, it's going down with no control whatsoever.
fully agree

i admitted to not having sight of drone,which is a given from the video

And it also shows you possibly overflying 2 people. Your other videos show reckless flight and flight over moving vehicles. They also contain enough information to identify you and your location.

You're pretty much asking to be visited by the friendly folks from the FAA.

Some blokes in Australia did this. The guy flew his drone to a hardware store to pick-up a sausage snag. The video was posted on social media and went viral. The Civil Aviation Authority (CASA) saw the video and threatened to fine up to $9,000 AUD. He ended up getting off with a $500 fine which was funded by a public go fund me page.

oh sh**t! thats crazy

What defines "a group of people"? A neighborhood is full of people, some indoors, some outside on their property... Oops, the battery died and my Mavic dropped 250ft onto my best friend's kid.

Sausage snag.... can't say I will ever be eating something named sausage snag. You aussies are nuts.

Reactions: Kymadn
i cache/delete everything after a few flights due to my phone only having 16GB. Sorry I know that sounds bs.

whats the part everyone doesn't believe?
I could recreate that part.

*just re-watched video two more times, at no time did i ever go over someone.

whats the part everyone doesn't believe?
I could recreate that part.
Ok, just release your video raw. I want to see the whole thing in real time.
End of story! I say, still not proven. Help us out with that would you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR